Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Drift / Spinout Problem

Old 10-13-2007, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (Jorge @ Oct 10 2007, 09:29 PM)
OK I admit, the first time i actually spun it was a 90 degree right turning on to my neighborhood road (no one was around), i took it at speed becaue the day before the tail came around and i fished. I took it at at higher speed to really test my car, i like to know what it can handle, right now im cornering like a granny because im un sure. My inital actions when entering a turn is decelerate put it in second sometimes i hold the clutch in, break untill the turn begins and follow through. When it happened leaving school heres a pic of the trajactory.

As you can see i went from the 2nd lane to the first becaust some noob wouldent let me in i was doin around 45, once i herd the rears chirp i was gone. I dont know maby I am driving wrong, Im just glad every one is helping me. All the comments help, thanks.

As said, any "lift off" the throttle will generate weight transfer and rear wheel spin... it's difficult to describe how to drive, but I'll try, when you approach to a turn like that, and there is no one around so you have space, the idea would be to enter the turn with medium acceleration, and within the power band of engine, that is if you are entering in fourth speed at about 60mph and you are not turning at that speed, you need to lower to third to keep engine in the power band, apply brakes, lower to third (ideal would be 4th-Neutral <foot off clutch-deep kick in throttle-engage clutch again> 3rd) and then enter in third not accelerating to the floor... but keeping the wheels pulling the car... IF you detect understeer (and not mild but severe) you slightly decrease pressure on throttle, but NEVER LIFT OFF FOOT.
At fast turning you want to keep everything smoothe, cars turning fast don't like abrupt severe changes (except if you are a highly skilled driver and you know what you are after...)
What tires do you have in the back/front? Brand, model and Threadwear please?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:20 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I had problems with sliding and steering myself. I got myself:

-New tires
-new struts
-4 wheel alignment

my car is as good as new.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:20 AM

my tires and treads Are on the first page, im getting new tires soon because i got a nail in one of them as of yesterday. Thanks for the explanation it helps, i havent been spinning or slipping lately its been dry and ive been driving good, once i get some more money im gonna get tires and alignment and look at my struts and see how they are.