Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Drift / Spinout Problem

Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea ur tires looks good. 32 psi should be fine for daily driving.
Unless one side is severly balder than the other (indicating need for an alignment) i dont kno why this wulda happened to u. may have just been a freak thing or conditions may have been just right to make this happen.
Or ur suspension is screwed
Old 10-10-2007, 03:11 PM

Hey Jorge, I don’t mean to be a Jacka$$, but I think there are some signs within your thread that lead me to think you need to improve your driving skills… the first of those signs is the question itself… please, this comment is not to bother you, I’ll explain myself.

First, those tires are warn, but not yet “bold” and you shouldn’t be loosing control with them, at least not if the pavement is not severly wet, with snow or dirty (road debris, oil, a lot of dirt).

Second, you say that you had your clutch depressed when it happened, plus no Tib will spin like that at low speeds, so that leads me to think the following:

You are spinning because you are approaching turns too fast, braking in the incorrect moment (late and not enough), and you are turning too sharp while you release your throttle. It is known that any FWD going fast, when pushed hard into a turn and release the throttle, will tend to loose the tail…

Well, try to examine how you are taking these turns… were you used to a RWD before? Or AWD? Because it’s either that or you have a severe problem (which I don’t think because I have not heard of that before) with your rear sway bar, like it’s stucked and not flexing like it should be; or you have your brakes really bad and have too much braking force on the rear (this wouldn’t only be caused because of failure on the rear brakes, but because you have too few braiking force on the front…)
Old 10-10-2007, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Dude. How's your ebrake? Maybe your brakes are slightly on all the time and it's making your rear tires lock up intermittantly?
I could be way off, but that's what it sounds like to me, since you have plenty of tread on your tires.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:58 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's the cause, you have two different tires. that's dangerous. you always 100% of the time should have identical pairs. i have kumho ASX up Front--perfect for dry, rain, snow. kumho SPT in the Rear--great tire for wet/dry traction ultra high performance summer.

it's an excellent combo for daily driving and reliability. the best price. it does exactly what i need it to do all weather conditions. i've been through all kinds of tires and i've stopped at that setup.

you should think about it.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

The different tires won't make such a difference as like what he's describing.
...Not unless they're different SIZES. If that's the case... then I bow to your idiocy. hail.gif
Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 PM
imp

My guess is lift-off oversteer. I've come close to spinning my car only twice, both times were when I had the car in a hard corner and had to suddenly brake or let off the gas. The sudden weight transfer lightens the back tires, causing them to slide out.

So yeah, work on your driving technique there. Be safe.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:27 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

^^QFT^^

u can "drift" in a Fwd car but it slows u down vs. Rwd where you have more traction rolleyes.gif
Old 10-10-2007, 08:29 PM

OK I admit, the first time i actually spun it was a 90 degree right turning on to my neighborhood road (no one was around), i took it at speed becaue the day before the tail came around and i fished. I took it at at higher speed to really test my car, i like to know what it can handle, right now im cornering like a granny because im un sure. My inital actions when entering a turn is decelerate put it in second sometimes i hold the clutch in, break untill the turn begins and follow through. When it happened leaving school heres a pic of the trajactory.

As you can see i went from the 2nd lane to the first becaust some noob wouldent let me in i was doin around 45, once i herd the rears chirp i was gone. I dont know maby I am driving wrong, Im just glad every one is helping me. All the comments help, thanks.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 AM
imp

QUOTE (Mr. Muffin @ Oct 10 2007, 09:27 PM)
^^QFT^^

Noob question, whats QFT mean?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

search noob!! lol joke.gif

Quoted For Truth