Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

My 00 Tib

Old 04-14-2008, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

ok well i have an 00 tiburon with 82,000 miles bought it last september and love it here she is i will list what i have done so far sorry about the stupid ricer graphics on the side they are coming off this weekend just been waiting until its warmer to do so

its gone a license plate neon that will go soon be green when i repaint my car im going full black and smoking out all the lights and getting some new rims with green underglow
the interior has a 7" legacy touch screen im working on painting the dash to a glossy black and im getting some racing seats for her, hopefully soon i can go down the road to turbo/nitrous the engine has an ebay cai with a k&n 4" filter and im putting in a 4-1 header and just bought a IS short throw from thefuzz so that will be going in now too
just would like your advice on things to do to her and any critiques/reviews thanks
Old 04-14-2008, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hold tight man...
Some of this stuff you may not want to hear, but someone's got to tell you. A lot of that stuff is pretty ricey, and we'd recommend changing some plans
Good choice on removing the graphics! But also get rid of the license plate neons. Huge rice. If anything, subtly put an LED strip above it (I think Phorq did a DIY, look it up) Leave the tails alone for now, but that should be permissible later on. Wouldn't go for the underbody neons either, unless they're done just right, they look terrible.
Probably hold off on painting the interior dash, unless you have some serious messups on it, it shouldn't be necessary.
Same thing with the racing seats, unless yours are really nasty, leave that alone for now and use the money somewhere else.
Good work on the short shifter, they're really nice.
4-1 header, from where? I'd recommend waiting a week or two and getting the ones from KFX performance, they're going to be sweeet. Hold on with your turbo/nitrous plans, that takes a loooot of work, money and experience. If you're really serious about it, get mods that you don't have to get rid of if you do turbo (intake improvements, port & polish, 1.8 cam, pullies, exhaust (but the header will be replaced), etc)
Go for a subtle or sleeper look rather than a fast and furious ricer boy.
Buy my angel eyes!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:20 PM

alright got my short shifter in today courtesy of thefuzz thank you very much thefuzz and i will post some pics here soon just gotta clean the grease from my car
Old 04-17-2008, 10:02 PM

Well were all about advice here and if you dont want to end up on the ulgiest tibs pages might wanna check out some of the ladies in the garage.

My advice is,
1. REMOVE Vynal
2. Go for foot well lights first, incase you mess up. (Id suggest White leds or black light neon.) Idk what goes with a yellow car.
3. Your liscence plate frame might get you pulled over (if the cops an a-hole) I got the shark tooth plate fing02.gif
4. Cheep easy fun first mod Buy a COLD AIR. Easy install, cheep, see some improvement in noise, maby power.

thats all i can think of POST more pics. I like pics. keep up the work and lets us know how it goes.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:03 PM

ok well just to let you know 1) i am removing the vinyl 2) the foot well lights i am doing and my car wont be yellow as i stated above its going to be black with green neons 3) in south dakota plate neons are legal and 4) i have a cai with a k&n filter as i stated above
Old 04-20-2008, 09:18 PM

UPDATE:
pre-wash post vinyl removal

post wash

window decal

better neon pic

attempt at underdash neons, kinda unclear

interior, flash ruined neons 02.gif

trunk shot of my touch screen

kinda good shot of the neons

what do you guys think?? good? not?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Arg, wrap with image tags yo.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Move the neons so you can't visibly see them, that looks bad. Hide them under the dash so you can only see the light from them.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:45 PM

i know i am the drivers side is but not the passenger i was just too tired today to do it so im doing it tomorrow when we install some on a friends raider
Old 04-20-2008, 10:32 PM

That's not too bad, but Yellow and green really aren't my colors. I say it's your car, if you like it that way, keep it, if you don't change it. You'll get people who hate it, and people who like it. That's how my experience was.