Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Burgundy Tib

Old 10-04-2004, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Burgundy Tib

yours is probably Mica Green.

and CYBER, thats exactly what this color code chart is for : 2000, not 2001.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:59 PM

My father in law has a brochure from 2001, when he bought his tib NEW.. It doesnt have the Rose or Jazz Orange color listed in the brochure..
For the post a couple up (by tibwrc), cobalt blue = color in my sig..
Old 10-04-2004, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Orifice tube in AC

It might be Mica..then why does the touch up paint say Forest?? I gotta find my old Hyundai brochure..Thanks tibwrc...you're more than likely right.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Orifice tube in AC

They changed the colors between 2000 and 2001. I think they got rid of the yellow, green, and orange, and maybe added burgundy. The "tropic green" color is really nasty looking, it's not a dark green at all. I have no clue about RD1 paint colors.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Very bad luck

I think you all are still wrong...

Ive seen a burgundy tib and it a darker color than that picture that majik posted. Thats definetly not it. Its darker than that and not as red. Ive seen it around here a couple of times and every time i saw it I thought to myself "theres that elusive burgundy tiburon again".
Old 10-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think you all are still wrong...

Ive seen a burgundy tib and it a darker color than that picture that majik posted. Thats definetly not it. Its darker than that and not as red. Ive seen it around here a couple of times and every time i saw it I thought to myself "theres that elusive burgundy tiburon again".</div>
maybe it's a custom burgandy paint. who knows. I've rarely seen an Antique Rose color, so maybe there's another rare color out there somewhere.

The paint codes are messed up. I bought my tib new... "Artic White"

I had my friend shoot a test panel of NW, which comes up as Noble White in paint code computers. Hyundai listed the color as Noble White on everything except for the papers on my car (Artic White). NW is the same paint code that's shown on my car... but the two whites did not match.

I have a custom white now, with white and blue pearl mixed in, so it doesn't really matter anymore. Just thought I'd share tht with you.

Here's an idea... TAKE A FREAKIN PICTURE AND POST IT!!! Take one of yourself while you're at it 8)

Also, look at the car pictured again. The front is obviously washed out by a flash or some sort of light source. Towards the back of the car, in the shadow, it's much much darker and a deeper color.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:26 PM

I found the brochure that I got when I bought my car back in Feb of 2000. There are three colors listed that are not on the 2000 Tib color list that tibwrc posted. They are SuperSilver, JetBlack and Forest Green--my car..So I wasn't hallucinating...my car is Forest Green. I wrote down my VIN number from my car and looked at the color codes on tibwrc's list and none of the green's on the list matched any of my numbers from the VIN-- ????
Old 10-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Administrator

what headlights do you have? two circles or one piece?

I thought the "2000" tiburons sold in EARLY part of the year (prior to April) were still 1st generation tiburons.

Do you have pics of your car CyberShark?
Old 10-04-2004, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Redz is up to his usual hijinks

It has two sets of round headlights..it's definately a RD2. I don't have any pics right now as might digital camera and computer arn't getting along for some reason. Sorry dude..I bought my car on April 24th..not Feb..my wife's birthday is on Feb 24th...got the dates confused there, sorry. I can PM you my VIN# if you want?
Old 10-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Administrator

just making sure wink.gif just because people buy their cars in a certain year doesn't mean that the car model is from that certain year. I've found those people before.

Not sure what to tell you then. Must have been brand new since you bought it so early in the year. You can look under your hood or on the inside of the driver door (open the door and look in the door jamb) and it should show you somewhere what your Paint Code is.

Go run out to your car real quick and look.