Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

s/c on a stock tib how many psi?

Old 07-27-2002, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s/c on a stock tib how many psi?

how many psi could i super charger a stock tibby to
and i know the alipne turbo isnt to good but what about there s/c
Old 07-27-2002, 02:52 AM

i've heard taht the alpine supercharger isn't so troublesome but it doesn't have very good horsepower #'s. and as far as psi i'm not sure.
Old 07-27-2002, 03:12 AM

if i were to get a s/c what company woudl u susggest and what price about?
Old 07-27-2002, 04:11 AM

Hold up now!,
I emailed them, and i'll forward you the info they sent me on their super charger, and turbo.
Pretty neat!
Old 07-27-2002, 04:11 AM

ruben-z's 2K1:
i've heard taht the alpine supercharger isn't so troublesome but it doesn't have very good horsepower #'s. and as far as psi i'm not sure.
AHAHHAA
Not!

J@WS01 installed The Alpine S/C for one of the guys here, and it was a PITA. NO HELP FROM ALPINE! Thanks to Random, he got it functional.
They orginally sent the wrong piggyback ECU, took J@WS01 like 2 weeks to figure this out, with Random's help.
As for performance, $5000Cdn, it's not worth it!
And once installed it still needs to be put on a Dyno and tuned! Which hasn't been done yet. Which is yet, more money!
We did a few ''test'' runs, and I've driven it, it's not worth the $5g's. It only performs at 120kph+. We've did a bunch of runs and with Neo_Tib's Tib vs The S/C 98 Tib. Neo_Tib pulled ahead like 2 cars, then at like 120kph, the S/C Tib, just took off! But still. It's not supposed to do that, it should be power all throughout the gears, not at top end.
We're still waiting for Maurice to tune the damn thing, but the closest place is 14 hours from here. A hellava trip! And more money!

Personally I'd go N/A then juice if you want speed. OR wait till someone who's done countless dyno runs with the S/C and is a real ''bolt on'' s/c.

Oh almost forgot to answer you question. Alpine claims 6psi, but I don't feel it.

Do a search for ''supercharger'' in the engine forum and you'll get more answers
Old 07-27-2002, 07:55 AM

Random's alpine S/C is putting 6 psi out there. Since it is running with the 10:1 compression then the 6 psi is high as you would want to go for. If you decide to lower the compression you might be able to find a smaller pully to make more power but it is an eaton s/c so you can't push that type of s/c to much farther. There is also no way to use an intercooler with the alpine s/c.

I would like to see a hyundai try talking with z-engineering to see if their s/c is possible. Z-engineering has a centrifical s/c for a few VW, Miata, BMW, and Porsch's. They make about the say amount the alpine (what I have heard, no hard numbers) but their 7.3 psi should be able to use an intercooler to cool down air intake. www.z-engineering.com Just a thought.
Old 07-29-2002, 02:33 PM

www.rimmersuperchargers.com sells an intercooled bolt-on supercharger for the tib. i think they're pushing between 7-9 psi out of it.

later
Old 07-29-2002, 02:50 PM

Tibb_Junky:
www.rimmersuperchargers.com sells an intercooled bolt-on supercharger for the tib. i think they're pushing between 7-9 psi out of it.

later
RIMMER is defunct. One of our members ordered the S/C from them and has yet to receive his S/C kit. RIMMER will never had a S/C for the Tiburon available for sale.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:10 PM

When did they go? My friend has a 2000 tiburon with a rimmer on it. He only got his a month ago. He is running 9psi and gets 193.8hp and he only paid $1700.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:24 PM

Not to burst your bubble, but what you just said is about as probable as Rick going legit.

Also, theres no way you have the new kit for the 01 Sonata, since it was just made in Korea, and none have been shipped over here yet. Ditto for the Tein dampers for a sonata...