Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

s/c on a stock tib how many psi?

Old 07-30-2002, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Type-H:
When did they go? My friend has a 2000 tiburon with a rimmer on it. He only got his a month ago. He is running 9psi and gets 193.8hp and he only paid $1700.
He ordered a Rimmer SC from www.rimmersuperchargers.com and got it 2 months ago? The last I heard they had not produced any kits. Then again is it the new S/C or the old Eaton model? I've been out of circulation too long. I could be wrong. Their site is no longer active.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:25 PM

i know of a company in CO that does sell the rimmer s/c for the tib. those guys were at the import drags last year at bandimere. i don't remember what web site they are on though.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:26 PM

Tibb_Junky:
i know of a company in CO that does sell the rimmer s/c for the tib. those guys were at the import drags last year at bandimere. i don't remember what web site they are on though.
Hey Bro. Find out what that site is.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:02 PM

This mob in OZ use 7psi on their kit with an Eaton.

CAPA
Old 07-31-2002, 01:29 AM

so your saying i could just go uptown to the eaton plant and talk to them about making me a s/c
or eatons really ****ty
Old 07-31-2002, 02:50 AM

tibboy316:
so your saying i could just go uptown to the eaton plant and talk to them about making me a s/c
or eatons really ****ty
From what I remember reading here and on the FXtreme site, there have been problems with the old Eaton superchargers. The new Rimmer supposedly used AUTOROTOR superchargers with an intercooler option. That's why I asked if Type-H's friend had an Eaton or Autorotor model.

Eaton wouldn't *make* you a s/c. They provide the s/c units. Maybe Magnusson(sp).

All of my searches regarding SUPERCHARGERS have pointed to Eaton/Magnusson and nothing on the AUTOROTOR, (twin screw??) model and there's no reference on any of those sites to Hyundai.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:36 AM

Hootie:
Tibb_Junky:
Hey Bro. Find out what that site is.
the site is still under construction, but i can give you the company name and the site. www.jcsport.com jc sport of colorado
Old 08-02-2002, 02:44 AM

This goes out to anyone who has an Alpine Developments supercharger or turbo kit--

Alpine Developments (as of July 1st) just opened up our new facility here in Garden Grove, Ca. for "local" sales, customer service and support. If any of you are experiencing any problems, or have any questions, please direct them to me (new member as of today) Steve Belanger (I'm the Sales & Marketing guy). Our phone number is (714) 379-8066, or you can send me an e-mail at: sbelanger@alpine-developments.us .

Thanks, and spread the word!

[ August 02, 2002, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: ballrub ]
Old 08-02-2002, 02:50 AM

ballrub:
This goes out to anyone who has an Alpine Developments supercharger or turbo kit--

Alpine Developments (as of July 1st) just opened up our new facility here in Garden Grove, Ca. for "local" sales, customer service and support. If any of you are experiencing any problems, or have any questions, please direct them to me (new member as of today) Steve Belanger (I'm the Sales & Marketing guy). Our phone number is (714) 379-8066, or you can send me an e-mail at: sbelanger@alpine-developments.us .

Thanks, and spread the word!
Outstanding, an actual Alpine Rep. Let's welcome BALLRUB (snicker ) with open arms. I guess since FXtreme had Brian Oldfield, we can have Steve Belanger. smile.gif
Old 08-02-2002, 02:51 AM

wow good thing we have you here, because a lot of people have been having problems with both your turbo and supercharger

Will you guys be tuning the unichip? or recommending a place? or giving some kind of warranty on the gains?