Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

S-AFC vs SMT-6

Old 01-27-2005, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (silvertibbs)
Yup it's all clear now. And the display you're talking about is just like a regular A/F gauge I'll assume.
So the myth about the voltage is broken. It can be changed from 0-5v to read what the WB is sending. Awesome. This little device gets better by the minute.

it's a little box with a display. Go to www.plxdevices.com and look up m-300.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:03 PM

Double post with a reason of trying to bring this up and new info just came in.

Here is reply from my guy:

"
The black/brown (#22) is the O2 input. As for wire taping, I believe your WB unit has its own 0-5V output that can be dedicated to the SMT, tapping into the display wire or something other than the extra output might give funky readings from both the SMT and the units display."
[/color]

[color=black]So, here ya go smile.gif just get that wire to the wideband linear output wire, which is white wire on plx m-300, connect them and you got a data logger inside of your SMT6 smile.gif
Old 01-27-2005, 11:31 PM

so someone try it now and let us know how it goes..
Old 01-28-2005, 08:00 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Now to straighten out this data-logger. It logs the a/f ratio as you drive so you don't have to sit and watch the display from a gauge/display? You just have to go out, drive, come back, read, tune accordingly, right?

And obviously this can be better done on a dyno of some kind as well.

Alright, WB O2 and SMT-6 here I come. Let us know how everything goes OP, this almost, just almost, sounds too good to be true.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:22 AM

QUOTE (silvertibbs)
Now to straighten out this data-logger. It logs the a/f ratio as you drive so you don't have to sit and watch the display from a gauge/display? You just have to go out, drive, come back, read, tune accordingly, right?

And obviously this can be better done on a dyno of some kind as well.

Alright, WB O2 and SMT-6 here I come. Let us know how everything goes OP, this almost, just almost, sounds too good to be true.

Yup you are right, and basically this is what dyno shops are equiped with. They have a wideband that has a data logger, I have a wideband and a piggy back that connects to the wideband to make it a data logger. It will give me a nice graph curve with AFRs just like those at dyno shops.

I really wanna do it, but it's way too cold here in MD, so you guys gonna have to wait until it gets warm again.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:21 PM

wow thats cool. i was only speaking what i was told directly when i called them. probably the guy i talked to didnt know jack $ |-| ][ +. more good info!!

so it DOES datalog as well not just display the reading? man now i wanna go out and get one for myself its just too enticing :-P that means you dont even need the PLX at all! just go buy the bosch sensor for like $120 or whatever they are and weld a 3rd bung just before the cat. wire that up and with the SMT youve spent only $500 or less and thats about as far as you can realistically tune without standalone. pretty fakkin sweet!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:26 PM

QUOTE (beppomarx)
wow thats cool. i was only speaking what i was told directly when i called them. probably the guy i talked to didnt know jack $ |-| ][ +. more good info!!

so it DOES datalog as well not just display the reading? man now i wanna go out and get one for myself its just too enticing :-P that means you dont even need the PLX at all! just go buy the bosch sensor for like $120 or whatever they are and weld a 3rd bung just before the cat. wire that up and with the SMT youve spent only $500 or less and thats about as far as you can realistically tune without standalone. pretty fakkin sweet!!!

SMT6 program has a record feature, you drive, it records, you come home and play it smile.gif

I'm not really familiar with just having a bosch sensor. The sensor itself will not give you the readings, it will give you voltage that needs to be convereted into AFRs, so you SMT6 will not be able to read it properly.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

We need a SMT vs. Emanage thread.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:18 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
We need a SMT vs. Emanage thread.

SMT6 Ownz ya!!!