Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

my build

Old 03-04-2010, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

im not understanding what your sayin jon...

the "smaller pipe" is 2.5 inch lol same size as the throttle body
Old 05-30-2011, 06:30 PM

build update:

blew up trans

car broken into, FIC stolen among other sh*t

replaced fic

moved 1300 miles, blew up tire on the way here

replaced trans 8 months later

turbo was leaking

rebuilt turbo in kitchen sink

next day got 3 feet of snow which then led to -40 degrees during winter

starting workin on car again last week

replaced blown tire

now for more of the important stuff

as pointed out by gheysocks my BOV and maf were on backwards so i got a u bend and hacked up the old pipe, repositioned everything in a better place(less drastic of bends, clears the coil better) and had it rewelded (stupid $70 mistake of mine ugh)

when i get bored one of these days ill paint it, but for now, screw it

swapped in the 750ccs and wired up the resistor box

and heres how the engine sits now

left to do

new steering wheel

new seats

strip rest of interior

swap to manual windows(at least for the rear)

very basic sheet metal cluster panel for gauges

wire in my flex a lite heater

have bung welded in for uego

baseball bat flare fenders

figure out why i dont have headlights

drive it to minneapolis for tuning

profit
Old 06-19-2011, 08:41 AM

more work today,

installed steering wheel, went with a grant challenger for teh cheap, wifey put it best "why get a nice expensive wheel when the rest of the car looks like sh*t", and as you can see by the pics, you should understand why i call it a pile

fixed tailights, head lights and wipers, sh*t works better when you actually bolt the ground to the chassis AND have fuses in the fuse box, no clue why i removed the entire interior fuse box's fuses but alas sh*t works now

i also started it for the first time in almost 2 months, i have a wierd, intermittent, squeek noise i gotta diag, hopefully it isnt the turbo again, if it is i think ill just get a CHRA and call it good this time. i THOUGHT maybe it was a lack of oil so i pulled the feed line off, dripped a few drops of oil into the turbo, and gave the car one quick crank and oil did shoot out so its not that

UPDATE noise went away after the oil pressure dropped down to normal, the MAIN squeek was the fact that i forgot to put the vacuum line onto the FIC and it was sucking on a piece of paper LOL i made the worlds most expensive kazoo

so lets modify the left to do list again

new steering wheel BAM fixed

new seats

strip rest of interior

swap to manual windows(at least for the rear)

very basic sheet metal cluster panel for gauges

wire in my flex a lite heater

have bung welded in for uego BAM ordered aem no weld clamp

baseball bat flare fenders

figure out why i dont have headlights BAM teh epic fuse fiasco

drive it to minneapolis for tuning gonna maybe this one, i might have aid here shortly

profit

also, if sh*t works well i should have a special invited guest into this build here shortly, ill make him wear a pirate hat(he is a asspirate after all)

i will take requests for the LULZ on this build, if you have a idea on something funny i could add just for teh LULZ lemme know, i thought i might add a vtec emblem just to f*ck with people
Old 06-19-2011, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

lol a hyundai kazoo haha :biggrin: Slowly but surely the dormat is coming to life
Old 06-19-2011, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

The cold side piping makes me want to punt baby jesus. Fack is wrong with you LOL. Suites the car though....
Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we have "dash" lol

gotta go get a hole saw to drill some holes for gauges(oil press, wideband, boost)

i gotta figure out wtf to wire in for that "cruise" button, seeing that i dont have cruise control i donno wtf to put there, maybe ill just get a blank for it and drill a hole in it for some sorta toggle switch

i donno
Old 06-19-2011, 05:46 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

it was sucking on a piece of paper

HAHAH!

it looks great. i would spray something on those welds so they don't rust from moisture and heat.

i swear if it wasn't for the Tiburon, this would be my second pick. it is a nice build and will look and drive great once it's finished.

i don't know if you intend to leave the paint that way, but i'll make it that much cooler if you decide to screw around with some BMWs hahah.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we have "dash" lol

gotta go get a hole saw to drill some holes for gauges(oil press, wideband, boost)

i gotta figure out wtf to wire in for that "cruise" button, seeing that i dont have cruise control i donno wtf to put there, maybe ill just get a blank for it and drill a hole in it for some sorta toggle switch

i donno

wtf, you have like Jurassic park going on in there..

actually.... I sort of do as well in my XD but the dash is still on (just not bolted/screwed down)
Old 06-20-2011, 01:29 PM

well painting it depends on where ill be moving to here shortly, if i stay up in this area, ill end up slapping some rustoleum it cuz rust sucks hardcore

if i move down souf ill leave it

as for the 'dash' i got a idea of what to use to cover the wiring some, more to come later
Old 05-23-2014, 06:03 PM

BUMPDATE

so.....it is time to finally buckle down and f*cking finish this bastard

some things have changed since we last visited this hunka junk

lets see....since last i posted i moved 1300 miles (2 years ago lol) so i guess ill fill yall in

i had some severe overheating and noise and found out my CHRA was completely locked up. a local turbo expert (river city turbo) found out that i was given a wrong bushing with my rebuild kit. they replaced the bushing and found out that my main shaft was f*cked during balancing.

hy35 shaft was like 250 bucks! i was just about to give up and order a chinese CHRA when they told me they had a fix for it. they machined out the housing and installed a lighter, stronger, and more vane wheel for like....50 bux. so basically i have a better turbo than the one i had so im happy

i fought some tuning ghosts with the fic, removed the 750cc low z injectors and the resistor box and installed 440cc high z injectors on a recommendation of some of the folks here. still wouldnt run to my liking. gave up on it for a year as im retarded and cant figure out tuning

flash forward to about 3 months ago. purchased a megasquirt 2, sold the fic and uego i had. a local friend is a megasquirt guru and has agreed to help me tune in exchange for a nice bottle of johnnie walker

unf*cked up the butchered harness (stupid thieves cut the harness when they stole the fic a while back....so think about that, butchered harness with a piggy back installed....ouchy) returned harness to stock configuration since the megasquirt i purchased was PnP

today i ordered a 14point7 spartan wideband with sensor, now i need to find another gauge.

since i now had no need for some of the bullshit the car has now, im gonna remove a ton of garbage off of it, first thing to go was the entire airbag system.

next thing to go will be that goddam evap canister in the back. DAMN YOU PURGE VALVE. DAMN YOU TO HELL.

im gonna move cooling system for the air/water to the trunk area and clean up the engine bay a bit. its a little cluttered with bullshit right now.

my custom intake manifold was banging against the firewall when shifting due to the way the idle motor sat. i redid that and am gonna relocate the actual idle motor to somewhere else like the strut tower or something and just put a small filter on the fresh air side of the motor since it doesnt have to be metered air anymore with the standalone.

going to machine some solid mounts this summer at school also. hopefully i can find some cheap aluminum at the scrap yard. also going to reinforce the core support since cracking is a common issue with turbo cars

i have a friend going to help me make some traction bars and a skid plate to protect the underbody. itll add some weight but the reduction in possible downpipe/traction bar/ oil pan damage is well worth it hes also gonna help me with making some underbody bracing and possibly do a simple 4 point cage for it if i can find the funds

so heres the new to do list

get rid of all the f*cking garbage and stop using the car as a storage unit

strip rest of interior

reinstall intake manifold

make new charge pipe

move water tank to the back

install megasquirt

fabricate and install cool stuff

if i get a wild hair i MIGHT fix the big dent in the back and rustoleum paint it or something

maybe ill plastidip it just for HKC

once i get it running proper, its time for a new windshield (got angry and threw a wrench at it)

more to come....

Quick Reply: my build