Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

my build

Old 05-24-2014, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tib

I'm following the longest build evarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....Least you did'nt give up Faith!!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:46 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Fuark, that's a long list of stuff to do

My $0.02, get it running and take care of the tuning etc before you go around modifying other systems: KISS principle. I have seen plenty of builds (including my own) go to sh*t because accurate troubleshooting basically becomes impossibru when you add a few layers of untested mods on top of a non running engine.

What do you mean by traction bars?

Is this thing still registered and inspected?
Old 02-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
so.....it is time to finally buckle down and f*cking finish this bastard
ORLY?

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
What do you mean by traction bars?
He doesn't need traction bars. Believe me, his tires are permanently stuck to the pavement after sitting there for the past 10 years.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:41 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

OMG, I have to say I REALLY needed a laugh today!! If ever there was a build that was the epitome of 'Rolling Fire Hazzard' it would be this poor Lantra. AND I LOVE IT! I would splash some biohazzard stickers all over it and maybe some zombie body parts and blood and call it DONE.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i hate you jon

i hate your face

your car has been down just as long as mine has, difference being is mine has moved under its own power in the last year, can you say the same?

ps i hate you

pps jk i dont hate you.

i should probably update this rolling deathtrap already, its been a while. i actually am working on it again, heck i was just outside doin stuff to it. hell, just last week i registered and insured it for the first time since...2012?

basic state minimums (lets face it, wont be getting into many wrecks being parked)....$9 a YEAR after everything was said and done

brb, going to take pics
Old 02-13-2015, 11:17 AM

I CAN say the same. After getting the Haltech wired up, it started and I engaged the clutch while in the garage to make sure the new push system all worked. Got the wheels rolling a few inches.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i DROVE mine 10-15 miles. even went to taco bell in it. boom.

anyways PICS!

that's when the wrench got mad at me and flew out of my hand in a fit of anger.

updated interior pic, cleaned up some of the wiring, removed carpet.

previous radio was destroyed in the move in a horrible melted candle incident. This high end stereo will power the finest, cheapest, wal-mart 6x9s that are currently in the car. #baller

reinstalled the back seat, lost the little corner pieces during the move, ill get some new ones eventually. ALSO SHOWN: bucket that is used to clean up the secretions of jongtr's mommas draws.

redid the charge pipe to remove the MAF, also machined a bung (heh) myself on the lathe in the shop. paid my professor a chicken sammich to weld it to the pipe for me.

and how the motor currently sits. im workin on the COP but am callin it a day since tomorrow is a hallmark holiday and im not supposed to have lube covered hands until after dinner.

since last update, ive also installed a new window regulator and motor to replace the full custom duct tape mod i previously had. also installed the spartan wideband. Need to run some wires for the IAT and finish the COP then run a basemap and see what happens.

ive also been gifted a heineken mini keg can im probably going to turn into the water tank storage for the A2W intercooler. should work out great.

going to need to wire up a new gauge cluster unfortunately, i broke the speedometer cable (again) and its getting tiresome replacing it. time to swap over to a tib electric setup and run a custom gauge cluster or something.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:38 AM

Don't give up the Faith!! (pun intended)

I wanna see a vid of your car spanking a GTR in the 1/4 mile..
Old 02-20-2015, 06:45 AM

I just wanna see him get off his ass and start working on it so he can drive down here and buy me that sandwich he owes me.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:47 AM

Just like I wanna see YOU finish your ride and beat my best dyno of 400whp/400tq..

Quick Reply: my build