Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Evo 8 Motor -> Tib Swap

Old 12-17-2005, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ye... you would seriously have more luck swapping in an Integra GSR motor or something from a Honda then getting an AWD Mitsu motor to work. And that would be N\A and put out nice power... (Evos are turbocharged BTW LOL).

The Northstar would lay down some p00nage though. lmao.gif
Old 12-17-2005, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

alex, hahaha noooo my hair color isn't so blonde it's white. but i thought since the engines match up exactly then instead of building up a motor i can get an evolution motor that is already built up for high end and get it to run on the tiburon.

apparenly you guys are the experts (i hope tongue.gif ) and you know how impossible things like this are. i know dweet had a 4g63 engine in his elantra but that again was probably a mid 90's engine which was also turbocharged?

haha, faith you played with too many Kinex when you were a kid!!! imagine that, fitting a caddy V8 into the tiburon sideways in the engine bay. i'm sorry but i'd start betting ricers on the track for money if that were possible.

i suppose the only way to get cheap easy power is to boost the beta eh? damnit i have to get a better job and order something like that. a few days ago a boosted sentra tried to race me. when he got in front of me i smelled his gasolene as if Macgyver had been trying to escape from his trunk!!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

doode

i dont remember who i heard it from or where i heard it from but someone was actually gonna try to put the northstar in

it sounds like a difficult project but think about it its a fwd v8....
Old 12-18-2005, 08:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ye, Dweet swapped in a 4G63T (GS-T motor) into his Elantra. His Elantra was the old kind that was designed by Mitsubishi, and had a Mitsu motor in it to begin with. So the tranny was on the proper side, and it wasn't as hard of a fit. He still had major wiring problems and never got it running properly.

Get a new Beta, since they're cheap, and work on it in your spare time. Keep everything organized and take your time, and you shouldn't run into any problems, even with hard stuff like removing the head, etc. When your motor kicks the bucket, you'll have a new Beta motor ready to drop in and a better understanding of how cars work.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah ham you're right, a new beta from a GK? i saw under the hoods of GK's and the car is practically the same car as the RD's. the driving experience is practically the same too. the only changes they made were bend a few parts here and there and not as much wierd creaking noises or exterior sound... do you think a 4 cylinder GK motor has been done before on an RD?
Old 12-18-2005, 01:41 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

the gk beta is still a beta

there are alot of people with a beta 2 in there car jaws is one of them
Old 12-19-2005, 03:12 PM

If you were to swap any "non hyundai" engine into the tib, the evo 4g63 would be the easiest.

Its been done before,...

Like it was said before.. the custom mounts wont be a problem,... neither would the tranny. Your problem would be the rear tranny.

You would have to modify the rear suspension a bit. If your paying for all of this to be done, your looking at a high price tag. If you are handy with a wrench and can tell the difference between a rod bearing and a crank bearing, then you can shave off a good portion of that price tag.

Ive been thinking about doing this myself... One of the benefits to doing this is that it can be CARB legal... which is what i worry about every weekend when i bring the car out.

California laws allows engine upgrades (by date of production).

If you have access to an evo wrecked car with ecu, engine, drivetrain, and misc parts at your disposal, DO IT.

In a couple of years, i wont be surprised if i get around to doing this. Also one thing to keep in mind... if any of you have driven a 200whp tiburon you will know that FWD sux donkey ass,....
Not having traction sux..
AWD would pwne