Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Aem Fic Tuned And Dynoed

Old 11-12-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

I'm not sure if you have a EGT gauge or not, but the stock timing on the Beta is rather conservative. Good results!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:23 PM

Vehicle: 2005/Hyundai/Tiburon

I had some belt problems also on my Alpine MP45 setup. I swapped the aluminum SC pulley for a 57mm steel alternator pulley that was modified to fit the MP45 shaft. No more slippage.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:20 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Coupe

Dyno Sheet has now been added see below, this is a WHP reading. you can check ouut my previous posts for other dyno results.

I am going to try and get the pulley machined out of steel and see if it reduces slippage.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:43 AM

Vehicle: 2005/Hyundai/Tiburon

I didn't have any luck finding someone that could machine a steel pulley for me. I got a 57mm 4 rib steel alternator pulley and had local machinst make a hub for it that matched the SC shaft.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow, interesting dyno, what kind of dyno was this done on?

And I think your buddy isn't right, it says BHP right on there, which is engine HP, or the HP at the flywheel, it says BHP 2 times on that dyno.

Granted, you ran it on a dyno, but he must have it set to calculate BHP, hence why he asked about your flywheel.

I'd love to know what the WHP is, as that would probably be around 200 or so.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:11 AM

I would also like to know what the WHP would be (I'd say 215 - 220). Dot matrix printers wahoo!!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Coupe

No that BHP figure is the power at the wheels, not at the flywheel. This dyno is very traditional and only measures what the wheels are turning, it doesn't even correct for the force required to turn the wheel. Hence the dot matrix printer...lol
Old 11-13-2008, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ehh, I'd only believe so much that you hear my man, BHP is the horsepower at the flywheel, not at the driving wheels, and 257 is a LOT for a SC on a 4 banger. considering how much work was done on some previous ones, and barely hitting 200 whp, I gotta think there's either magic in your setup somewhere, or that dyno is bad/uncalibrated/hinky/giving you what it says it is, BHP instead of WHP. There's a reason they are different in name.

Please, do you know the name/mfr of the Dyno? That could help some here. Just don't want you thinking you have more than you do, or others to get their hopes up for those kinds of numbers if it's not true.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:19 AM

QUOTE (dmdicks @ Nov 12 2008, 01:09 PM)
I'm pretty sure Bal followed Larry's lead and installed larger primaries. If it were me I'd probably leave the 5th in there and have the FIC spray a little fuel through it to help cool the charge air. Ghetto intercooler if you will. smile.gif

Great numbers though! And at only 10psi!! He should be able to get to 14-15psi with some meth injection to cool the temps. That'd give NGM's kit a run for the money!! lol

Hello,

Those are excellent numbers, congradulations. I know these engines will make good power with a blower. As far as this comment, That'd give NGM's kit a run for the money!! lol, I thought you were all about efficiency. How can you even say that? He is running a 2.24" supercharger pulley turning the blower 16,728 RPM @ 6800 engine RPM to make 10lbs of boost non intercooled. We are running a 2.8" supercharger pulley, turning the supercharger 13,328 RPM @ 6800 engine RPM to achieve 10-11 lbs of boost. Thats 3,400 less supercharger RPM which is huge. The intake temps rise 40 degrees higher from start at the discharge before the intercooler at the RPM we are spinning the blower now, so I cant even imagine the heat that, that little blower is producing right now. That blower is beyond maxed right now as far as thermal efficiency. I can run a 2.8" upper with a 6.5" lower crank and make around 18-20lbs of boost spinning the blower right at 15,776 RPM and still be thermal efficient and we are still turning the blower 1,000 RPM slower than where he is at right now.

My point to you is, your always on my case with my products looking out for the Hyundai community preaching efficiency, safety, reliability. So, I bring a kit to the table that is all of that, and now, that all gets blown out the window and all that matters here is a guy makes 257whp killing the setup and it is going to give my kit a run for the money. I dont understand you sometimes. Sometimes, I think we are finally getting past some issues and then you take another stab.

Anyhow, sorry for the post. Those really are awesome numbers and Im sure that car feels real good right about now. I know our GK feels real strong with the numbers we are at right now.

Thanks T.C.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Lets not let this get to out of hand.

Those are good numbers but the 257 does seem really high for whp with that blower. And TC makes a good point about efficiency.

Noone is taking anything away from your kit Bal, as that is more power than Ive heard of from the Alpine kit even if it is closer to 220 or whatever. Either way Im sure the car feels great and is fun.

TC, maybe you can start a thread somewhere for your kit? Whats the status on getting it tested on a Beta1? Would be a great option to have.