Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   Aem Fic Tuned And Dynoed (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/aem-fic-tuned-dynoed-49947/)

balbains324 11-11-2008 11:51 AM

Hi guys,

Thought I would share this with you as you can imagine the smile on my face when I got my dyno graph showing 253.

My previous dyno result was 201 whp when I managed to melt a forged piston due to a very crap tune and detonation.

So what did I change?

Went back to stock pistons - 10.3:1 compression
Added Singh Groves - to help eliminate knock because I have no cooling on my supercharger
1.8l intake cam - reduced overlap
61mm rside throttle body - increased air flow and hence strain on supercharger
AEM FIC instead of SMT-6 - this helped make tuning very easy using the UEGO wideband

That is alot of modification at the same time but an increase in 52 whp is also a huge amount.

My thoughts:

This time I had literally no knock even at the higher rpms, the engine felt very forgiving considering that I have melted a forged piston previously. I think them singh groves really worked, I will post a DIY up later with pics.

The AEM FIC is awsome, I am using a siemens ECU in the UK and this thing kicks ass over the SMT-6. I was able to restrict the O2 sensor and map signals going to the ECU enabling me to freely control the amount of fuel added without the ECU modifying the fuel trims. This has been the single biggest factor to the increase in power from my car.

I wasn't feeling comfortable about going back to stock compression but hey these pistons can really take a beating.

Problems:

I am trying to iron out a blip at 2750 rpm.....just can't figure it out but apart from that everything went very smooth

Does anyone know how much BHP at the flywheel this is?

Dyno graph to come

mwood 11-11-2008 12:06 PM

yeah get that graph up here...you probably making 300 bhp if not more...post them pics too as well...i glad to hear everything worked out

Stocker 11-11-2008 12:07 PM

Congratulations that's GREAT! fing02.gif Flywheel horsepower depends on what you assume for drivetrain loss. If you assume 50% then you're running 500HP! If you assume 10% it's closer to 275. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Will you do me a favor and put a quick response in my Singh groove thread?

Regit 11-11-2008 01:33 PM

fing02.gif Nice increase on stock compression and the infamous sighn grooves..any pics?

Hive 11-11-2008 01:34 PM

Great finally someone using forced induction managed to get this right. I am going to the shop this saturday to change from Unichip to AEM FIC. Did you monitor fuel trims while mapping the FIC? How did you monitor fuel trims? This is currently my only problem since euro spec tibs do not conform to OBD-II specs it is hard to find a tool that will enable to monitor fuel trims.

radu_rd2 11-11-2008 01:43 PM

Sweet, amazing for stock compression and no intercooling, how much psi are you running?

balbains324 11-11-2008 02:23 PM

Running 10 psi, I can't remember how to attach pics to the post? it is asking for a URL when I use the button insert image

Stocker 11-11-2008 02:30 PM

There is a photobucket DIY with step-by-step photos on this site somewhere.

SOCKS_old 11-11-2008 02:35 PM

glad to see more people venturing into F/IC territory..

i know JBS posted pics of his F/IC install, but it wasn't really anything like a DIY. i have a wiring diagram done up for the F/IC install, but ill only be including that with the turbo kits, or people who purchase through me.

Stocker 11-11-2008 02:49 PM

I'd like to have an FIC just to twiddle with it, but I can't afford the money or time, and don't have the mods to require it (yet? )

Oh well.