Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   Aem Fic Tuned And Dynoed (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/aem-fic-tuned-dynoed-49947/)

cheesebox 11-11-2008 03:46 PM

Buy my fic! good job with the 253 hp. hot damn new the tibby had the potential.

Cypher 11-11-2008 04:59 PM

is this with the tiny little mp45? what other mods do you have? header? intake I assume?

01steve 11-11-2008 08:27 PM

yeah isn't this basically the same kit from alpine that everbody said would never make beyond 200 whp?

and your doing it w/ mostly stock internals!

CONGRATS!

i'm so jealous!

REDZMAN 11-11-2008 08:50 PM

No one said it wouldn't, we said it hadn't.

Sounds fantastic, yet another proven SC install on a 4 banger, 253 to the wheels, good lord!

That's happy enough for me right there! Get some vids up of this sucker and update us on your total setup.

And non intercooled? WOW. BTW, are you running the 5th injector setup?

Hive 11-12-2008 02:21 AM

It would be a shame if he is using the 5th injector setup with the FIC since it can control large injectors.

larryinkc 11-12-2008 06:07 AM

I have basically the same setup on my 05 Beta II Tib. Sometimes I get had a slight acceleration sag at about the same RPM as your blip.

Does your Tib have a downstream O2 sensor?

I read an article on the OBDII ECU's ability to trim fuel with the downstream sensor and checked mine while the car was being driven and mine will pull fuel for a second or two sometimes during low boost closed loop light acceleration.

I hooked the rear O2 sensor up to the FIC bank 2 O2 sensor modifier and it cured the problem on my Tib.

I drove the car a little after hooking up the rear O2 sensor and it threw a P0036 CEL which is rear O2 heater circuit. I took all the correction out of the O2 table and no CEL so I am going to experiment with the table using different modes and values an see if I can get it to work without tossing a CEL.

Great to hear about your success with the SINGH groves, I have been wanting to do the same.I am anxious to see your pics.

David Dickson 11-12-2008 10:09 AM

I'm pretty sure Bal followed Larry's lead and installed larger primaries. If it were me I'd probably leave the 5th in there and have the FIC spray a little fuel through it to help cool the charge air. Ghetto intercooler if you will. smile.gif

Great numbers though! And at only 10psi!! He should be able to get to 14-15psi with some meth injection to cool the temps. That'd give NGM's kit a run for the money!! lol

Hive 11-12-2008 11:15 AM

^^That makes sense since he is not intercooled. But if he would have one tha 5th would just add extra fuel which could be sprayed using larger injectors at the correct place distributing fuel evenly.

balbains324 11-12-2008 12:10 PM

Thanks for the comments guys

After some more tuning today I now have the car running a whopping <span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">257 WHP</span> @ 6200 rpm

The Torque is around 225 lbft at the same rpm.

I am running the MP45 Alpine supercharger with bigger injectors.

I have stock internals, with the 1.8l cam

Fidanza flywheel and DXD Clutch

Most of my mods are listed in the signature.

I am going to stick with this setup for a while then I will go for the water injection to get the temps down and squeeze more power out of the car.

The guy that is tuning the car is amazed at how much power the car is pushing without detonation. I think it is definately down to the singh groves. So anyone that is not intercooling or experiencing detonation do the Singh Grove mod that I will post up this weekend. It is very simple and effective.

I do not have downstream oxygen sensor on my car because I am still OBD I in the UK, but I am getting alot of belt slipping and flat spots at partial throttle below 3000 rpm.

once belt slippage is cured i will move onto ironing out the flat spots, I think it may have something to do with the firmware or a faulty O2 sensor.

REDZMAN 11-12-2008 01:06 PM

it all sounds nice man, but unless you have a dyno to show us or a video that shows the dyno, it's all just lip service.

Would be nice to know a SC will push that on our Betas, but until there is a video or dyno posted...