Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Hyaundi will not go into gear please help

Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by cris2fax
ok well i almost got finished with the car today. I just took everything out and took the entire clutch kit back and exchanged it. The tob was still in the snap ring but scrubbed the metal on the disc. what I think happend was the last time i installed the tob onto the fork i didn't lock it in place by replacing the slave cylinder handle immediatly after installing the tob. So my guess is while putting the tranny back together the tob slipped of the fork and didn't install properly for some reason I don't know.

Also the shard you was talking about is very intersting because i found a large shard inside of the tranny when i pulled it apart but could not find where it came from. Everything in the case looked good. So maybe thats just a coincidece. But I will let you know how everything works out tomorrow after i complete the job.
I too had this problem with the TOB but this had not happened to me on a factory install, but when I replaced the clutch in my car as well, the TOB I presumed was on wrong and slipped off the fork unbalanced improperly. Everything was right to my knowledge, and it ended up still working for me anyways but there was clutch chatter (TOB on by 1 leg).that led me to believe it was assembled wrong but really was not. I do not think that you could have the same prob twice in a row on ur clutch even after replacing the clutch to see.(replace TOB the second time?) even if that was done the odds are small..that it is the throwout bearing that is.