Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Transmission Installation Trouble, Snap Ring Trouble, Please Help

Old 03-18-2013, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Tiburon
Default Transmission Installation Trouble, Snap Ring Trouble, Please Help

I was doing a clutch job on my 98 shark and as I reached for a bolt to screw on the bell housing the trans falls on its side and cracks what I believe is the reverse connector.....

if that wasnt bad enough i try to align the trans on again and notice that it wasnt aligning on the dowel pins as it should. So I looked at the pressure plate and noticed that the snap ring on the pp had broken off its lil bracket and was hanging in the middle. This is a brand new valeo clutch any suggestions as to replace the snap ring??
Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Megladon, you are more likely to get the help you need and less likely to cause confusion if you start your own thread for a new problem.

I don't know where to get a new snap-ring, but my first guess would be to contact Valeo and see if they can get one to you.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:57 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

The reverse light switch can be unscrewed and replaced for not much money. Do replace it though, I left a cracked one on my trans and ended up with milky, non-lubricating oil within a thousand kays.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:28 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

did you snap the throwout bearing directly to the pressure plate prior to putting on the trans? if so that's your issue.

you can get a new bearing from anywhere, valeo made the oem clutch so I'm certain you can just order a oem bearing and be fine

so to reiterate the install goes plate and disk bolted to the flywheel, bearing on the fork (don't grease the bearing as so many before you have) then put it on the dowels and move the clutch fork arm until the bearing snaps into the plate