Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Need Some Advice (tib Vs Z24)

Old 04-11-2009, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok heres the deal my gf's cousin loves to talk shit about my "hyundai" tiburon. he tells me how hell rape me in a race and just talks so much Shit it drives me nuts. Quaker is a local drag strip here in NE ohio and were goin there for a thing there having at the end of the summer. He Has a 2002 cavalier Z24 with a pacesetter full catback, a aem wai, i think he's done some weight reduction and its lowered. He plans on having cams, a header, and a underdrive pully put on by the end of the summer. ive drove in it with him i dont think its much faster than my basically stock tib. Ok now i have a 2000 tib i have (but not put on yet) OBX-R 4-2-1 header, magna flow cat, motoria 2.25 catback, dynomax ultra flo muffler, magnaflow tip. AEM cai. (so basilally header, exhaust, cai.) I was planning on doing a 1.8 cam and 1.8 ecu swap, getting a ported intake and phenolic spacer, STS, Polyurethane motor mounts, strutbars, lowering springs, and lightweight and underdrive pullys. (BBTB and engine damper last on the list though.) The problem is i dont know how much ia can afford/ get to this summer i want to prioratize which would mods would help my 1/4 time the most. I need to beat him lol any other mod suggestions are welcome.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

if you can get all of that done that you have listed you won't have any problems. another thing i would do is be the only one in your car going to the strip. the night before tear out your seats and take out the spare tire and jack. you will easily lose 150 lbs. or pretty close.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:51 PM

Well thats the problem i dont really know how much i will get done by the end of the summer which should i make sure i get done.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

work on intake and exhaust, then cams and ecu. good lord man we are talking about 6 months here. get the lead out and work on yer car,lol.

i got ten times that amount getting ready to be done starting next week and i plan on 3 months.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i would go: BBTB definitely man i noticed that helped greatly, then throw the 1.8L cam in, CF oem painted hood (to make it look like it's factory). don't take out the seats as he will use it against you but take out the spare and tools just don't show him. also, run on empty with a spare tank in your GF's car so after the race fill up your tank and show him it was full. make sure the car is fully aligned and tire pressure is good.

if a corvette or camaro or hell some guy who restored some old nice ass car guy is bagging on your ride i understand. but if a cavalier guy is bagging it, he probably won't achieve very much in a respectable society.

haha talk about the rice process of winning! but hey anything to get him to shaddap.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Banned

slow vs. slow.. who cares who wins, both cars are slow.. nana.gif

but to be serious..

35 shot of nitrous, and you will kick his ass.... cheap and effective.

dont bother with the 1.8 cam and ECU, not gonna help you much at all. spend your money in a better way.

do some good intake porting, bored TB, and some type of simple tuning. then take out the back seats/spare tire/pass seat/jack/ etc.

CF hood isnt gonna help much either with a 1/4 mile time... its only abotu 25 lbs lighter, which doesnt amount to much at all in a 1/4 mile time.. and to spend 500+ for a hood, and then 200$ to get is painted for like .03 or less in the 1/4 is retarded.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:59 PM

your mod list for the summer is good but why would you swap to a 1.8 ecu? or do you have to swap once you swap to a 1.8 cam on your 2.0 beta?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:01 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

^^^^^

Search, there are many threads on the 1.8 ecu and cam
Old 04-11-2009, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Is your tib an auto or 5 spd? If it's an automatic... you lose... lol.

My auto had equal length meagan header, apexi catback exhust, 1.8Lcam, stiffer springs, tuned with an safc II and about 200lbs in weight reduction and it ran a 16.6 in the quarter..........
Old 04-11-2009, 10:45 PM

I jst tried searching I typed in "1.8 ecu", and "ecu" unless someone can please give link, I cant sit hear and read through 100's of pages until I find what am exactly looking for, I am doing research that is why I am here at the forums.