Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

The Legitimacy of our 1/4 miles *split the 14 Sec NA tib arg

Old 01-01-2005, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: I need advice..

I wouldn't mind seeing it hamhead. If you have the means please prove everyone wrong. NA just hasn't worked. Even with a Turbo we haven't done really well.

If you hit 14s once you got lucky, if you can run 14s all day and maybe break into the 13s once. That will be the day when I believe in NA. Right now nothing points in that direction. But I'd love to see some progress.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: The Legitimacy of our 1/4 miles *split the 14 Sec NA tib

You realize I refuse to not have the last word. lol.gif
--------------------------------
Ewww Dweet. Are you in the unbearable heat of Ohio, or did you do your quarter on a gravel track? lol.gif Seriously dude, I'm sure you can do better times than that, especially with a 50 shot. Where were you weak at? 60-foot, 330-foot, or 1000-foot mark?

Bleh, fabricate a dyno. :roll: I'm guessing I'm going to have to videotape it for your enjoyment aren't I? lol.gif I won't have dyno until later in the year anyway. UltraTibby should be dynoing most of the bolt-ons untuned in the spring. If he hits 150-160, I think a little tuning can get me to my mark or close to it.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Safe psi?

I dont' care what you do.. lol.gif All I know is that you got wn: lol.gif Anybody can make a video..dosn't mean you'll be honest with your mods.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: XBox or PS2??

Maybe if I dissasemble every part, show them on the camera, then reinstall them all, and have have every member of the shop solemnly swear that I'm n/a you'll believe me. Probably not, you're too stubborn. lol.gif

Bleh, why not I'll give it a try. Never been a n/a guy, but you guys spite me so now I'm gonna go do it just to prove my point. tongue.gif Now I have to get unpoor. 8O
Old 01-01-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: The Legitimacy of our 1/4 miles *split the 14 Sec NA tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bah. We shall see, I leave this topic alone till I have my dyno. 8)</div>

I thought you were going to leave this topic alone? You are just showing that you are too proud to admitt you are wrong, that you don't know nearly as much as you would like to believe and that you got wn: lol.gif go ahead, reply again...you'll never get 175hp with the mods you listed earlier..but then again if you knew anything about our cars at all..you would've known this :roll: Let it go man..you're wrong..it isn't the first and won't be the last.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Pics of the Talon

I got owned? So childish, grow up dude. No one that I know of has posted a dyno saying: I went all out N/A, these are the results. I haven't seen a single one. If you know where I can find one, by all means point me in the right direction. If you can't supply whats before, then you shouldn't talk shit about what you don't know. You said you have most of the n/a mods, go get a dyno. Prove me wrong. Hopefully you wouldn't waste 50 bucks on intentionally screwing up a dyno to prove me wrong. If you show me a dyno with a n/a horsepower/torque curve, which is fairly easy to tell, then I'll admit I'm wrong. Until then, I don't care whether you think its possible or not.

The point I've been making is that I think its possible to run a Beta mid 14 in the quarter which is about 210-220 horsepower to the crank n/a. For a four-cylinder 2.0L engine that is fairly restrictive stock that is a modest goal if you know what you're doing, which I'm beginning to doubt you do.

I went out on a limb and bought a Tiburon. Maybe I should've stayed true to my Mitsubishi roots. At least they are willing to try something before they talk shit about it. I've seen plenty 420A engines put out 220WHP which is a similar engine to the Beta. That, however, is with Inline Throttle Bodies or with 2.2L stroker kits. None of which are options for the Beta. However, there are 420As putting out 190whp that are true 2.0L on stock compression and stock internals.

I could get a dyno if you want, but hell, you'd just say I took it from some Integra site, or its a dyno off of a turbo Eclipse, or some other shit. So I don't see the point in wasting my time.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Becareful of Chritmas on ebay!!!

Hamhead, it's not you bro, it's just fact.

The 2.0 in the Tib isn't going to make 175 with what you have listed. Not to the WHEELS at least. Just not gonna happen.

Really mang, if the Koreans can barely break 200 HP with quad throttle bodies, and rediculous cam/ecu combos, what makes you think you'll get that close with your list mang?

We aren't trying to discourage you, do what you will.

But trust me. RD tuning has been around for awhile. www.hyundaiaftermarket.com Check out the old forums there. You'd be amazed.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: ebay rant

good luck with that hamhead, whys everyone so negative and cranky, everyone take a nap! NOW!....seriously tho lets everyone simmer down.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:56 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: DOn't understand , my tib works good in the snow???

Hamhead give it a shot man. I would LOVE to see some good NA numbers come from the Beta. I have just been steered in a different direction. I've wanted a turbo since I rode in a Buick Grand National with one. The sound, the power, and the technical aspect of it are all things that I want to look into. Or else I would have tried all the NA mods.

It's all about the basic facts. Look at the price of the mods you listed vs the proven ability of them. The Turbo far exceeds the NA mods. That's just the way she works.

The REAL question I must ask is: Does anyone know why NA mods don't respond well on the Tiburon?? Is it one thing or a couple??
Old 01-02-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: LaughatRice.com

I've wondered about the ECU in these cars for a while. Eclipse engines in regards to timing are dynamic. If you run 100 octane, it will advance the timing until it thinks detonation will happen. Some people think they gain power with running higher octane on their Tibs, and feel it too. Maybe its not a placebo?

Based on stock restrictions, Intake and full Exhaust is a given. Your going to make power from that, and I've shown that. Intake and 2.5in exhaust knocked 0.4 seconds off my quarter time. My 60-foot was 2.28 before, but was in 2.3-2.4 range this time. I think I can get 15.3-15.4 on better tires or with a better launch.

Port and polishing exhaust ports, and little areas could help. I'll have to make some time to bring out the electric die grinder.

The Air-Ram is supposed to own and give massive mid-range torque. I don't think a throttle body is much help. I'll probably do Throttle-Body, IM, and plenum (spacer) at once to get it all done though so I have less time messing with the Tib.

Cams work wonders in any n/a car. Anything is better than stock cams. wink.gif

The compression is decent, I think 10.3:1. 13:1 is not too streetable, and 12:1 would be the best I could run. That little bump in compression might net me 5whp at best. For 600 bucks, I can do better, and messing with compression would be the last thing I would do.

The grounding and voltage on the Tib is supposed to be pretty horrible, so I'll have to look at that. Thats why I was looking into the Hot Inzama systems on kSpec. Stable voltage with hotter plugs, wires, and a better grounding/stablization system might net some horsies. Would run me near 600 bucks again. Probably second to last thing I do.