Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Um.. majikTib

Old 02-26-2004, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default How to hook up a A/F gauge????

Supermanshark, when did you go to court? I do not mean to argue, but that judge is full of it! Like the definition says, if you created it, you are the copyright owner. Even site source code on the internet is not up for grabs by everyone. By the judges statement, any mp3's that are posted on the net are free for the taking, have them tell that to the RIAA.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:58 PM

As a fellow photographer, I suggest you contact a lawyer and have him/her/THEM give those twits a call -and- a fax. As soon as you take a photo, you own it, you copyright it. It is yours to own and that goes for anything you type, you create or write. There are, of course, loopholes but so far by the looks of it, these morons aren't using any of them. How do you think people copyright slogans? They came up with it, thereby they are the owners. Watermark your images is all I can suggest. On my cardomain site, I haven't watermarked any of mine because who in their right mind would steal pictures of a stock 2000 Tib, plus mine has next to no external modifications so there's no point, HOWEVER with all of my work related photography, I make sure to watermark everything.

I have run across three instances in which my photos were being claimed as someone else, one person happened to have the same initials as me. I emailed him, he deined using them, then I had my lawyer contact him directly and y'know what? We were in the right.

--- Edit:

And BigBoi: don't pretend to be someone else in situations like this, you will only make things much harder for the real guys that own those cars if they feel the need to email them. I would suggest getting ahold of the real owners of the cars immedialy that you impersonated and telling them what you did so the morons on the other end that run that website don't start saying "yea f*** off, you aren't the real so-and-so, he already contact us, now f*** off"
Old 02-28-2004, 12:31 PM

I would suggest, rather than contacting them, contact their host. Hosts usually are very serious about this kind of stuff, and will pretty much force them to take it down. Just a suggestion. =)
Old 02-29-2004, 05:56 AM

well i think we all have said our 2 cents.... lets let majik do what he wants.. and if he has any questions then he should email, or pm us...
Old 02-29-2004, 08:32 AM

true. after all, it is his car
Old 02-29-2004, 04:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay, topic beat to death, resurrected and beat to death again, LOCKED.