Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

The Passion of the Christ

Old 02-26-2004, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Tester needed for 97-99 Exhaust

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

Great movie by the way.

anyone else seen it?
Old 02-26-2004, 12:57 AM

heard it was intense?...suppose to maybe go see it tomarrow...heard a lot of people cried and what not.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:30 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Going to see it Friday.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:46 AM

I have been wanting to see this movie since last year!,
I even signed a petittion to get it to theaters!!!!!

I hav;nt seen it yet, 'cause I work nightshift , but Im going this weekend with my girlfriend!
I heard it was really gory - Wicked!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:02 AM

yea.. and a 85 year old woman, had a heart attack while seeing it..
Old 02-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

A Lot of people cried. Here in Nashville, one church bought out 4 screens... last night my church had 40 tickets themself.

It isn't any more gory than UFC or the famous movie Cary (sp? Carrie?)... anyways... it just shows blood... and a few other choice things I won't tell you about. I'll let you find out for yourself... but nothing I saw should cause anybody to throw up as I've heard (unless they have an incredibly weak stomach or have something else on their heart condeming them).

If you can watch one of those surgeries on TLC or watch a horror movie with blood... you shouldn't have a problem with this movie... but take some tissues just in case wink.gif plenty of people were crying. It is a very intense movie. I will be going to see it again, probably at least 2 more times.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'll be going to see it on Friday I hope. All the big theaters here with it on have sold out thru the weekend, but I may be able to get scalped tickets.

I also picked up the Passion book at Hastings the other day (God I love my discount), it's fantastic, I highly recommend it if you want a good high quality picture book for your coffee table.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:54 AM

No, this woman, sorry my mistake.. was 50 year old, actually died in the thearter .. here is the quote off CNN.

At a screening in Wichita, Kansas, a woman in her 50s began having trouble breathing toward the end of the movie and later died, a theater official said.

Is it really that impactful? I remeber watching.. 'jesus if nazareth'.. and other sstuff in school.. people are pissed off cause it is a 'holy' thing.. (yes I am a non-practicing Catholic.. meh) .. you know.. it is a movie, about Christ.

I am going to see it next week, when the lines die..
Old 02-26-2004, 02:14 PM

well it is alot more then just a movie... this is the first movie about jesus based on the new testament.... word for word... it is very impactful because that is what jesus went thru.. He paid the worst price for all of us.. so that we can be saved.... but yes i have seen it, and i think it was in credible... i am soo glad that mel gibson and jim chavezel (i think) have made this film... to show what jesus went thru for us and for all of us to check our selfs.... i am a born-again believer.. and this has hit me soo hard.... i felt like one of the roman soldiers.... and to know that i put the nail in his hands.... very impactful... and if anyone one has any questions about it... and i mean anything.. just aim me at sharktyper... i hope you all who see this well experience what i have and have experienced before.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

man, that good huh?

im glad jim caviezel is in this..hes one of my favorite actors, but never gets much credit for the good movies hes been in.