Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Official Rdtiburon Poor People's Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 08:06 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I saw everyone b****ing about being poor, so I decided to make a thread about it.

I'm poor enough that I can't afford the turbocharger I've been wanting. I think i'm going to have to put a new clutch in my car on my own instead of having the mechanic do it. I just spent money on clear corners, a few scan systems, a clutch kit, RDT decals, Turbulence logos and started a fiberglassing project on the tib.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after buying my winter car and rebuilding the alternator and replacing the starter i dont have money to take my tib to the shop to get it running and i dont have time to do it myself. it sucks but not much i can do, it could be worse
Old 10-07-2006, 08:22 PM

I'm 16 and don't have a job.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:26 PM

After putting almost 11k into the tib, paying rent for 6 months (when I lived in fredonia not nemore luckily), feeding two people one of which is a guy (lol), Im broke as ever.

I think i have a week to pay this one bill thats about 3k. Then I have my other college I went to, to pay, and two credit cards I want to pay off.

Im glad I have a job and my dad but its still real hard to manage. As you can see with my "one week to pay"
bill.

I hate bills..and money.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:12 PM

Hmm..im 19..still in school..cant afford any more modds to the car lmao.gif dont have a job..i cant say im broke though..just cant spend money on the car..as my dad would say "why bother..its only a car"
Old 10-07-2006, 09:14 PM

I'm only going to work on the outside and the interior of my tib until I get the big bucks to tune it tongue.gif
Old 10-07-2006, 09:53 PM

I dont really wanna get into it too much, but lets just say if you remember this thread:

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=17890&hl

thats just the tip of the iceberg... it sucks to buy something expensive, guarenteed to be perfect, with no money, all in hopes to save money in the long run... and then have it become the biggest headache in the world... a headache which requires a ton of money i didnt and dont have.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:12 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I'm 19, sophomore in college.
I f*ed up my financial aid, and now I have to come up with whatever loans won't cover since I doubt I'm getting my grants this semester..so there goes my bank accont..
I'm paying 20% interest on my credit card which has a $700 outstanding balance (yeah, no wonder the first 15 months were free, those f*ckers..there i go being ignorant again and not reading the fine print).
I was supposed to have a job, but I guess the b*ches decided not to hire me now? So basically, at this point, my bank account from working over the summer is gone, I'm unemployed, $700 debt I can't pay off (which I had enough money to but now I can't), and guess what, I just got 2 underage drinking tickets. Yippee..I've been drinking since I was a freshman in high school and I've ALWAYS gotten away, because I've never been stupid, it's easy to tell if a party is gonna get busted, I don't drink and drive, etc. I was responsible. Still am, but, just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...twice in the past 3 weeks. That's another $500. I still live on-campus and only get 10 meals a week, and have no money to even eat some nights, so I just go to sleep and wake up and eat breakfast.
Times are rough...

But on the bright side, I can always go back to my old job for minimum wage, which I absolutely DESPISE and can't stand working there, but, it looks like I'm going to have to (that would be being a telemarketer btw, or fast food, my only two options at the moment). And I just landed a deal to build a guys website, which I told him I would do it all in flash but I'm only getting like $250 for it, I had to sell myself short because I was desperate and he's a good bargainer...normally I would get like $400 for that. 02.gif

So, I guess with websites and paychecks I can pay off the tickets, then over the next few months I'll just keep making the minimum payment on the credit card (eating the interest) and slowly pay that off...probably no modding the tib or going to the mall for quite awhile..
Old 10-07-2006, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I work at walmart, nuff said.

besides that, 1500 worth of credit card debt mainly because i had to pay for parts and neccessary expenses.

I just got paid 2 days ago and its gone, only enough to pay my $230 car payment and $220 of my $335 insurance payment, still have to pay a $185 dollars for the cell phone bill and make a payment for my paypal account (not much like 50 bucks). Not to mention gas money and parts for my tib that i hope i wont need (hoping something wont break) - just had to shell out another 53 bucks for a new 3 bar map sensor.

Hoping i can sell some stuff to make some money, im in the process of trying to sell the 1.8L cam and 1.8L ecu i have, for a little cashif that falls through look for a FS thread soon lol.

Oh guess i should say that im a junior in college and how i had to take a semester off because my family is poor now. My dad lost his job he had for 27 years because the company outsourced the factory to save money.

Im taking the semester off to help pay bills and ive been giving my parents alot of my paycheck which makes it harder to pay my own bills obviously

Also my sister quit her job not knowing her blazer's transmission was about to go bad, so she cant get a new job without a car (rural area). So i fixed up my moms old car (98 grand am) out of my pocket so that she can get a job, most of the reason my CC debt is so high.

ON the bright side:

Next semester im going to a school closer to home thats 8 grand cheaper per year and i dont have to move every 6 months so i hope i can get a better paying job.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:27 PM

ya im in school to. zoned, with the credit card cal them and tell them to cancel it because the interest is to high. they will lower it. you could probably get it down 5%. thats what i did and its a lot better. still cant afford it but it will help in the long run