Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Official Rdtiburon Poor People's Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Alex, It's nice to see that you help out your family so much.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:09 AM

house is getting foreclosed on, many bills hardcore past due, tibby isnt even insured anymore...

lets just say im not even barely making it right now. im working fulltime, and even overtime, but i dont make enough to even cover the house bills much less food, or anything for the car. the windshield has been busted out over a month now, the rear wheel bearing is howling driving down the road, and the drivers rear strut is blown and rattles at every bump.

pretty much everything is crap right now. but im doing my best to figure things out, i just look at it as it could be worse.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:11 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I was making $24,000 with tons of benefits when I was in Active duty navy.

Now:

Full time college student, part time Navy and Part time job.. with an Annual income of $4,000 02.gif

*Signs up for 6 platinum credit cards*
Old 10-08-2006, 02:47 AM

wow you poor souls make me feel a little bit more fortunate, i hope you guys all come out of this rut
Old 10-08-2006, 04:05 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

i am poor to the point i was am still thinking of hoeing my self out for sex... i went and ask but i cant because korean giglo must have a small dick.. and i dont fall in that catagory.. so to speak i am black but white
Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^lol

Here I go ranting a lil more.

With all the payment I have to make, Im about 14k in debt..and im friggin' 21. This isnt credit card debt either..school debt, and misc. debt.

I didnt get left a crapload when my mom died, and what I got I had to put into my tib and rent, and food, and then that was gone.

Its ridiculous, sometimes I feel stupid for putting all that money in the tib..other times Im like I cant dwell on it.

And no my dad doesnt give me money freely..but luckily he is my rock when I really need it. Luckily I dont have a scum bag for a dad.

Note to self: When credit cards are paid off..cancel and never use again. Ever.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:12 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

QUOTE (Dec @ Oct 8 2006, 02:22 AM)
I'm 16 and don't have a job.

Im 21, almost 22 and I dont have a job. I dont have a job because I broke my leg on July 4th of this year and just last week I started walking without crutches. So for the last 2 months I was in bed missing school and not making any money.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:56 AM

I make $6 an hour and pay $500 in rent every month =P
Old 10-08-2006, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Reading this makes me grateful that I am in the military. I thought we got paid bad! If all else fails anyone having a rough time financially can join the military. We get a guaranteed payraise at the beginning of the year and then we usually get another one in July. This year for instance my pay went up almost 200 a month because of the raises. That is not even considering the promotions. There was a time they were paying off a certain portion of your student debts, I don't know if that is still going on. Depending on the career field you choose you could receive a enlistment bonus of up to $8000. Keep in mind though that we are at war and the majority of career fields are deploying.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Banned

well.. lets see here.. i was entirely fuxored about 3 weeks ago.. i was laid off, didnt look like i was gonna get a job; the unemployment insurance agency was trying to deny my claim for my $$$$$.

i am still broker than broke, but i got a job.. a very freakin good one.. health insurance costs $46 a month, and i get it after 30 days, its a PPO smile.gif 18 vaca days after the first year smile.gif 401k, profit sharing, dual monitor workstation, blah blah.. BUT i am still freakin broke.

and now, my car decides to throw part of my pressure plate thru the side of the transmission, a couple bills were late, so i have late fees, i missed a credit card payment; so my minimum payment tripled; i am about 6000 in debt..

and now i just spent 1800 on a new clutch, radiator, transmission, flywheel, and i still am gonna need to get it all installed, and this ALL went on my credit card.. yah... suxorss...