Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

New Pope

Old 04-19-2005, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^That's for damn sure...
Old 04-19-2005, 03:55 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Apr 19 2005, 08:31 PM)
A German Pope?

Great.

Anyone for a Fourth Reich?

my thoughts exactly, whoever is pope doesn't really affect me...lucky I'm not jewish.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i think the pope being older is a great idea, my Euro teacher said that would elect a older pope because as well as reg fig he is also a huge player in world and chruch politics and you dont want one peoson on there too long or it is too influencing
Old 04-19-2005, 04:17 PM

Very interesting to read your reviews guys, being all of you from other religions.
I don't know how this Pope is going to be, but what I know is now there are some critics to Pope John Paul II, and he has been one of the most beloved popes for catholics. Even though they say he was too conservative, he's the one that went to pray to the Wall of (??? don't know the word in English) and he visited three muslim countries, he met with the head of the Orthodox Catholic Church and I beleive (at least that's what I think viewing things from here) that most people catholic or not kind of liked him.
As a catholic, I think all Christian religions come from the same root, and though we have differences in how we express our beleives, we share 90% or more of our moral values (if hypotetically speaking our moral was to be dictated by religion).
As this new Pope was a follower and right hand of John Paul II, I hope he goes in the same direction to bring us catholics closer to other religions, even not Christian religions, and I hope he acts as a tolerant Pope, of course there are some issues that I don't understand, such as the church not being inclined to permit use of condoms, but maybe one day I will understand (not that I don't use them because of that either, but I don't think that would be that much of a sinn).
Old 04-20-2005, 04:21 PM

I have always said, and I will until it happens: What the Catholic Church needs is a 35 year old black lesbian woman to be pope, and it will bring the church into the 21 century.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Personally I'm not really religious at all. I'm confused as what to think, can't make up my mind as to how in the hell the world is set up, but that is a different topic.

Being half-German, I was kind of happy that he got to be pope. Even though he is sooo old. I was really hoping that the black guy would become the pope.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:47 PM

QUOTE (raehtz10 @ Apr 20 2005, 10:21 PM)
I have always said, and I will until it happens: What the Catholic Church needs is a 35 year old black lesbian woman to be pope, and it will bring the church into the 21 century.

LOL, sounds like a plan to me