Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   New Pope (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/new-pope-28083/)

raehtz10 04-19-2005 12:16 PM

So they have elected a new pope, Cardinal Ratzinger from Germany. He is supposed to be nearly the most conservative person on the earth. He has also gone so far as to call all other religions besides Christianity 'deficient'. Does anyone else think that it is a good thing that this guy is 78, and won't have a very long reign? Discuss...

UltraTibby 04-19-2005 12:27 PM

I was just reading about this on MSN. Dont you think he is kinda old?

MK3Design 04-19-2005 12:29 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raehtz10 @ Apr 19 2005, 06:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does anyone else think that it is a good thing that this guy is 78, and won't have a very long reign?</div>

Im not cathlic, but i thought that was pretty dumb to elect a 78 yr old pope when the other one died at 82(?)

Jaws021 04-19-2005 12:42 PM

well it gives them like 5-10 years to track the progress of other possible popes..

wink1.gif

jToIeB 04-19-2005 12:45 PM

I really don't see why age would have anything to do with it...if there was a guy up for president of the US and you thought he was the best candidate, but he was 78, would you not vote for him because of that? It's all politics anyway, so it's really no different than electing a president. I don't see why you would want a pope that was second rate for 40 years instead of your first choice for 5 and the second rate one for 35...you get what I mean? It's my opinion obviously, but that's the way I see it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>He has also gone so far as to call all other religions besides Christianity 'deficient'.</div>

That's a pretty bold statement to come out and say if it's true, sounds like his days in the Nazi army are coming out a bit wouldn't you say?

supercow 04-19-2005 01:08 PM

well it looks like the catholic church has made it's stance on gays, woman as priest, etc.

alot of the more liberal leaning catholic's where hoping it would be a younger pope that would allow all of those things.

truthfully the deficient thing isn't all that surprising, the only reason for tolerence is politics, he'll be much more politically correct now. bush wouldn't have won if he got up and said all of those stupid muslims are going to hell!! even if he feels so.

injected 04-19-2005 01:56 PM

probly all the pops that have been elected since christ were older than 60 it's weird
so any pics of this senior fellow ? laugh.gif

REDZMAN 04-19-2005 02:31 PM

A German Pope?

Great.

Anyone for a Fourth Reich?

CyberShark 04-19-2005 02:46 PM

LOL...

I forgot if it was on the Hostory Channel or not but there was a show on how the pope is elected and how the elections and voting process has changed throughout the centuries. Very interesting program.

MK3Design 04-19-2005 02:49 PM

History Channel owns all channels...ever