Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

The money we spend on our cars

Old 01-23-2005, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The money we spend on our cars

So yeah. I rent an apartment and I just stuck about $2k down for an Ixion kit and that Invader hood GB. Do you guys ever stop and think -- instead of spending $2k on a car, I could put $2k away towards a down payment on a house. Or, do you all already have houses and I'm the only sucker in an apartment? It's just like... tons of money I plan on spending on the car and I have to stop and ask myself... Am I going to hate myself for spending all this money on my car 5-10 years later? I'm still young (22), so it's not like every 22 year old has their own house. Still, the thought of it........ anybody else get what I'm saying? Can somebody justify me spending all this money? LOL
Old 01-23-2005, 04:49 AM

im 23 and own my house wink1.gif

yea, ive been thinking about that alot lately, bought kyb gr2 struts, and an under drive pulley for the integra, coil overs and a under drive pulley for the probe, and im in the search of a header for the tiburon. o yea, and i just bought new tires for the tib, that was all out of my last weeks check.

im so broke....
Old 01-23-2005, 05:01 AM

Yeah. I'm considering getting my own house after our lease is up which is the main reason I'm asking. It's like... trick car our versus saving money for a down payment. Blah. I'm in too much of a safe zone. I know no matter what happens I'll be fine. So, I spend money on crap I shouldn't.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:09 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Blasphemy! How could you question the money going towards your Tib???

No, seriously, I think the same thing but then realize that if I place a down payment on a house I'm stuck to it for 30 years worth of payments versus my Tib that won't hold me in lockdown like that and being 25 I'm not up for that. I'll just spend freely on my car.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:55 AM

Yeah, but you're stuck with rent for 30 years too. You have to live somewhere. Unless it's in our cars, which would be a little tight tongue.gif I think it's a blast to do stuff with our cars. Just thinking responsibly :
Old 01-23-2005, 08:11 AM

Amen wink1.gif That was the response I was looking for. LOL. You are very right about the bills thing. Actually I'm hoping come end of year I'll be able to trick my car out AND make house payments without a problem. Bling bling wink1.gif
Old 01-23-2005, 08:19 AM

I owned my own home when I was 22yrs old and have owned 4 vehicles (my mom never helped me pay for any car) and Tib will be number 5 in two months. I currently own my own 2 story townhouse. I've spent thousands of dollars over the years messing with my cars and realized that it can be a waist of money(you will not get your money back when you try to sell the car). If I had invested that money, I would be sitting on a good lump of change. The fact is, I still spend money on my car..but I'm not in debt and I buy it with my own money and not from some credit card. ..It's only a waist of money if you can't afford to modify your car and/or know you should use the money towards other things and you decided to use it on the car. It's also a sad waist when you become in debt by charging the hell out of your credit card for your car..like I seen many college student do over the years. Then it's not a matter of waisting your money..it's a fact that you're irresponsible with it.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:22 AM

Good responses smile.gif Just wanting to know what the rest of you guys felt.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:40 AM

i should but I like to update things on my RD1.