Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Its getting a little ridiculous now I think

Old 11-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Originally Posted by majik
I don't think the TSA's primary concern is our feelings.

If their primary concern were security, there would be stone-faced men with clipped hair giving the 3rd degree to people who had been selected from the normal security line because they fit a certain profile. Like they do in Israel. There would be no reports of a magazine reporter or government agent 'testing' security and getting a f-cking GRENADE through. There would not be a 3 year-old screaming as she is molested by a TSA screener. My favorite acronym is Theatre Securite Americain, because it is perzactly correct.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I disagree. Congress would get involved if we were like Israel.

I don't think the new procedures apply to children under 12.

I don't understand your acronym.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:13 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by tibbytib
Thanks for ruining the only reason I would want to put myself through the new security screenings. Bah Humbug majik, bah humbug!
Invest in a wig and a purse

But seriously, this shouldn't be something unforeseen. The reality is with air travel you will always have a ridiculous amount of security. Just get to the airport early and pretend the government elementary school educated "guard" is your doctor. As for the idea if arming pilots, yes yes and more yes. There is enough technology out there to arm and train flight crew, especially those on international flights, with weapons designed to immobilize threats. Rubber bullets, stun guns, etc. It's not perfect but a lot scarier to a potential hijacker or shoe demolition than some radiation or nut gropage. For that matter, what even happened to that fastlane card that was advertised a few years ago? Fly frequently and have a clean record, get one of those bad boys.

As long as they don't remove the booze vendor in the international concourse for the potential broken glass threat.

Nothing more American then buying a big bottle of Glenlivet then boarding an 8 hour flight
Old 11-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

^ unfortunately it's only allowed if you're on an departing international flight. I'd really love to buy one of those 6L jugs of Chivas but I'm not going to carry it out of the country just to bring it back.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:55 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

orly?! At O'hare they never said anything.

Never tried at Hartsfield because I always fly out at like 4 and 5 in the morning.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

American Security Theater, translated to French so it is grammatically correct and still spells TSA. Congress is getting involved here shortly. Applicable or not, they're on video and audio strip searching and molesting children, and there are plenty of people who have had their junk inappropriately touched.

Tibbi this wasn't always the way. Before my generation was born, passengers didn't even have to mention the pistol they were packing on the plane, and soldiers in transit carried "their" rifles with them. Mine is the first generation that has been almost totally disarmed when flying. "When guns are outlawed ____ ________ ____ ____ ____."
Old 11-24-2010, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/ada...t-the-f*ck-tsa
Old 11-24-2010, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

have to add "U" to the F-bomb
Old 11-24-2010, 11:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

True didn't catch that thanks.