Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Its getting a little ridiculous now I think

Old 11-23-2010, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Stocker, I think they assumed that retardedly high security would make us feel 'safe'

As for the attacks using aircraft, keep in mind that they spent YEARS planning the 9/11 attacks, researching every loophole that existed even in those days. And it's not like there wasn't security before, just not to the same extent. As criminals get smarter those protecting us from them have to get tougher. It sucks, but the reality is if we get complacent again (which I might argue we are today) the cycle will continue. Honestly the big events like 9/11 will be almost unavoidable solely because of the perpetrators tenacity and patience. Look at the facts, after 9/11 there was a 5 year gap in hijackings, then they picked up a pace not seen since the '70's. Bombings have become much more elaborate, looks at some of the most recent attempts, but very few are successful and most stopped before they even get to the plane. Security works, and is needed. Though in the case of TSA I will admit that more stringent hiring practices are needed desperately. I know a few that work for the TSA and most wouldn't qualify to stock shelves at Walmart. IMHO, go the Florida route and get private security. Anything the government has their hands in is bound to suck.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The private security still has to follow TSA procedure, So body scans and pat downs won't disappear by bringing in private firms,
Old 11-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

There were attacks for years before 9/11/01. I wonder how many were not labeled as terrorist related. We didn't find out til much later that the attack on the USS Cole was linked to Al-Qaeda.

Plans to bomb LAX in 1999.

The 1993 WTC bombing had was conspired by people who participated in Al-Qaeda training camps.

More - http://www.fas.org/irp/crs/033104.pdf
Old 11-23-2010, 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Good afternoon, this is your captain speaking with just a little flight information. Coming up on the left we're going to be catching a glimpse of the Grand Canyon, on the right you can be able to see the Hoover Dam in just a few minutes.

"We're flying at an altitude of 37,000 feet and our airspeed is 400 miles an hour.

"Couple little facts here, I'm packing a Colt King Cobra, that's a .357 caliber firearm, with a black rubber grip and a 6" barrel. Also the copilot is carrying a Kimber Custom Defense pistol with all the bells and whistles you'd expect from a custom gun of that kind with an alloy frame and bevel treatment on the entire gun.

"And our Chief Flight Attendant Roger has a uh Ruger Bearcat, that .22 with a hand-fluted cylinder.

"All three are capable of piercing body armor at a distance of up to 27 feet and can put a hole in human bone and flesh the size of the Grand Canyon, which, by the way, is coming up on the left, so just sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the flight"

or do away with luggage, all luggage must be shipped via the USPS or some other postal facility.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:12 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by majik
There were attacks for years before 9/11/01. I wonder how many were not labeled as terrorist related. We didn't find out til much later that the attack on the USS Cole was linked to Al-Qaeda.

Plans to bomb LAX in 1999.

The 1993 WTC bombing had was conspired by people who participated in Al-Qaeda training camps.

More - http://www.fas.org/irp/crs/033104.pdf
Spraking of security, can we get rid of this feature which asks us to put our password into a site? It would be really easy to hijack passwords with this feature.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Administrator

^ that's a new feature we're implementing. Your username will now be your credit card number, verified by entering your social security number into the shoutbox.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

ooo and dont forget to use your mothers maiden name as your screen name!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

As far as I'm concerned, its just a big show for the public. Slide of hand, whatever you want to call it. The fact is that the bomb that is ACTUALLY going to make it on the plane is not coming through the general security checkpoints, its coming in through the back door. My sister's roommate use to work out at DIA as a baggage handler. From his accounts, high profile and rich people do not go through the general security checkpoints. They come in separate entrances where the security, according to him, was very, very minimal.

Its just a way to keep us thinking we are safe, and to scare off the "amature"/wannabe-off his/her rocker-terrorist. We all know that the large terrorist organizations are not only well organized, but very well funded.

Flying is still the safest way to travel. I suppose the next time I fly, I'll make it a point to try to get in the screening line with the cutest TSA workers wearing the rubber gloves. If I'm getting the sheet pulled over my eyes, why not get a good fondling while I'm at it.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by tibbytib
Its just a way to keep us thinking we are safe, and to scare off the "amature"/wannabe-off his/her rocker-terrorist. We all know that the large terrorist organizations are not only well organized, but very well funded.

Flying is still the safest way to travel. I suppose the next time I fly, I'll make it a point to try to get in the screening line with the cutest TSA workers wearing the rubber gloves. If I'm getting the sheet pulled over my eyes, why not get a good fondling while I'm at it.
Just how well organized are they? We've been successful in preventing a few attacks, and there have been very few successful attempts. I don't think they're as well organized as people keep stating.

And I was aware that only men-men and women-women for the pat-downs to help avoid sexual harassment complaints.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:53 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by majik
And I was aware that only men-men and women-women for the pat-downs to help avoid sexual harassment complaints.

Thanks for ruining the only reason I would want to put myself through the new security screenings. Bah Humbug majik, bah humbug!