Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Death to the GK's!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS - everything is for sale

Hey every body,

I thought ya'll might like to hear about my little highway encounter this morning with a V6 GK.

On the way home from work,I was driving fairly causually on an on ramp headed to the highway(Wash Capitol Beltway).I looked up and realized the car in front of me might be a GK.Came up alittle closer to get a better look,and sure enough it was.Once we were on the beltway I didn't hessitate to nail his ass!! Gunned passed him,headed for the left lane.The whole time I was accelerating/manuvering I was keeping an eye on him in the rear view.At first it looked like he wasn't going to bother.Then once I was at about 80mph,I noticed he was getting a little closer and a little closer.Then it was apparent he was going to take the challange.The funny thing,though,he didn't really catch up to me that fast.It was more gradual.Once he was at about 1 car length behind me,I moved over one lane to the far left, and began to accelerate more from about 85mph.I thought I was in trouble because my Tib being an auto,won't down shift after 80mph,so it's in my opinion kinda slow gainning speed after that.Anyway,the GK suddenly moved pretty fast past me on my right.But, then he kinda backed off once he was 1/2 car length ahead of me.I quickly caught back up with him.At this point we were both neck and neck at exactly 110mph.This went on for at least 1 mi.Neither one of us passed the other.

So the things I'm wondering are:
(A)Is the RD2 just as fast in the upper end as a GK V6,or
(B)The person driving the GK was gutless and didn't want to drive faster then 110mph?

I know for a fact that most V6 cars don't have alot of uumph in the upper end.I dunno,maybe the case was a combination of (A) and (B).

Anyway, seeings how alot of you hate the new tibs,I thought ya'll would get a kick out of my little race.I don't have tons o mods yet,but at least I was neck and neck with him. tongue.gif
Old 09-24-2004, 02:06 AM

Default Re: GB for LSD?

... And you were street-racing him, is that correct?
Old 09-24-2004, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Death to the GK's!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (aquamarine)
... And you were street-racing him, is that correct?

On the beltway, I think 110 is just normal driving.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:24 AM

Default Re: ECU .. SAFC all the computer management for 01

I once blew by a cop at 7am on the beltway at 90mph... I was following a porsche and a bmw.. he was sitting on the side of the road with radar... he didn't even blink.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:57 AM

Default Re: audio

I don't know. I have been wanting to race a new tib for a while now and there are a few in my town. I will see if I can hook up this weekend (closed track of course wink.gif ) and let you know.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:12 AM

tongue.gif

This obvisouly happened after rush hour......since the average rush hour speed is a little LESS than 25mph. evil.gif

MAD you have to remember that the V6 GKs are a couple HUNDRED pounds heavier than an RD. The "Extra" horsepower the Delta makes doesn't quite make up for the weight difference. Stock vs. Stock.

and yeah like MADTIB and Mad-Machine said high speeds on the I-495 are quite normal.....speed limit is only 55, when i can i try to do about 70-75mph, thats right about the average. Of course there are always the Fords and Honduhs doing 55-60, and the porches and bimmers doing 80-90mph. So 110 for a mile isn't too bad. wink.gif
Old 09-24-2004, 07:35 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

So a Moderator was street racing???? is this correct? i thought street racing was not encouraged, and forbidden in the forums?, anyway, i think the gk didnt want to pass 110, because gks are more of a highway car then rds, they accerlerate better in the upper RPM range, mainly because it has a larger displacement then a 4cyl.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:50 AM

Default Wheel choice advice...

no offence man, but we should not be posting street racing on this website....
Old 09-24-2004, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Death to the GK's!!!!!!!!!!

i street race all the time in my elantra.. its fun smile.gif i just dont talk about it on here anymore... anyways its NOT hard to beat a car with only 30 more hp but weighs 300lbs+ more than you stock wink1.gif
being from a roll and having a weight advantage you should have owned him... anyways im sure as soon as Redz sees this it will be locked...
Old 09-24-2004, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Tragedy?

QUOTE (OdessitPashka)
no offence man, but we should not be posting street racing on this website....

That's all I wanted to bring up. The last time some ex-buddies of mine were bragging about how fast they were racing up and down 8th Street (the local strip in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan), I threw beer in one of the two guys faces, picked up my pizza & left.

If some f*cktards are going to put the life of myself and my baby daughter in danger, they sure as f*** better do it with a gun and in a slightly less gutless way than driving too f***ing fast when I could potentially be on the road. As far as I'm concerned, racing is to be kept on the track.

But what do I know, I don't even own a car anymore so I must not know what I'm talking about.