Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

2 Days To Go...

Old 11-23-2007, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

Ok so have a little time to spare...ok a LOT of time to spare since we only have one patient and theres nothing to do because the work i have to do for the whole shift can be done in about 15 minutes, so it gives me a lot of time to think.

It was funny cause when i went down wednesday i went to the wrong VA in Augusta, (theres 2 within 10 minutes of each other...weird)

The big surgery day is monday and to be honest if i wasnt then i surely am now getting a little freaked out. I mean, i do not like hospitals (being in them) even though i work in one and know how things go... I lucked out though and scored the first surgery of the day at 06:15, so that means i have the rest of the day to come out of the general anesthesia and not have to wait around. I went wednesday and got all the preop stuff out of the way, labs drawn, xrays, etc etc... everythings fine of course. I got to answer a million little questions and speak with the anesthetist. Even got a tour of the place and the OR were they would do the surgery. They explained everythign and what not but i had some trouble finding pictures of what they were actually going to do. This is what i found:

They say that ill be overnight in Augusta, should be released the next day, but then i gotta come back to jackson and go up to the 8th floor here at moncrief for minimum 24 hr observation.... lovely... I guess the beauty of this is, ill be up and walking that afternoon of the surgery, but i get the whole 30 days conleave thing over christmas.
Ironic, i have AOD (cq) the day after i get off conleave though. Ahh sorry for the long post, just nerves getting to me and i talk a lot and or laugh when im nervous... hahaha.. i think i need to go get my fuel gauge checked though it seems to be a bit off. i think i might have a clogged fuel line or something i dont know, i dont speak mechanic..
Old 11-23-2007, 04:19 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

MODS: MOVE TO DIY!!!!!!!!!!111!

Good luck with your surgery!
Old 11-23-2007, 04:35 PM

do it yourself? *chuckles*

thanks smile.gif
Old 11-23-2007, 06:09 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i had hernia surgery in 7th grade. although it's nothing compared to disc surgery which is a bit serious because any bone surgery (primarily the back) is more serious than an organ surgery, it's not that bad. you have to think of it this way, also the way i think of it:

the surgery is being done to better your body. it's being done for a reason and it will fix the problem. to feel better about it you have to accept it and accept yourself as an element of this earth.

i know you're not afraid. what has to be done has to be done. you can be as scared as you like but you have to accept it and get used to it, besides there's lots more to come when we're old smile.gif

you are brave. i hope the procedure goes well and you can rest all you like afterward perhaps treat yourself to the beach.

DIY!!
Old 11-23-2007, 06:18 PM

id love to go to some beach but im not going by myself and i wont be able to drive long distances for a while... 02.gif
Old 11-23-2007, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hope all goes well, don't be too worried about it either.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:51 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Old 11-23-2007, 06:53 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

redx.gif
Old 11-23-2007, 07:01 PM

I wish you the best of Luck and a fast recovery. We will be worried about ya
Old 11-23-2007, 07:25 PM

thanks for the support guys, it really means a lot to me. hopefully ill be able to get a signal on my wireless modem that way i can actually use my laptop while im there!

QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Nov 23 2007, 08:53 PM)
redx.gif

^^^???