Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Wet Shot = Cleaning Maf Needed

Old 09-25-2007, 02:52 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ I'm asking for advice from people who know what they're talking about.... not people who look at it and say I think it would work better if you turned it....

If i angle it anymore, it will be angled into my idle air bypass man!!!

This is in the Power adders/Extreme mods instead of General Performance section for a reason.

For some reason I think that there is too much shooting, or maybe it's bouncing off the walls. I know it is angled enough. I've sprayed with the nozel out before.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way I have it angled it wont spray into my IAC and wont spray into my maf, Just point the hole at the end of the tip towards the TB with piping like this
Its pointing at the TB but also at the side of the piping but angled more at the TB just make sure when the nozzles threaded in the hole is atleast 1/4 of a turn away from the maf. Its not something easily described sorry mate...

_____
TB | .|
|_____
Old 09-25-2007, 03:23 PM
DTN

This is about as close as I can get to showing you how it works in my setup.

Why would the MAF be getting hosed?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:26 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

You don't have to "know what you're talking about" to know that pointing it in a different direction would help, if not eliminate, your problem.

LOL, coming from you, Mr Turbonator lmao.gif
Old 09-25-2007, 03:29 PM
DTN

^^ I'm just trying to come up with a good idea as to how to keep my MAF dry. Angle is not a problem. You can see the nitrous injector is angled properly. I've verified the nitrous injector is properly positioned.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:39 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

This is just a hunch (I don't have any experience with this). Maybe it happens if/when you let go of the gas too fast? If the TB butterfly closes suddenly, a lot of the stuff that was just sprayed stays there, and it probably goes back (air has velocity and when it hits the butterfly it would go back). Maybe try first letting go of the gas just a bit so the nitrous is stopped but the butterfly is still pretty much open.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:01 PM

^^ If you're spraying, you're always at WOT though

You could try something else..

Buy a universal 3" intake elbow (ilke Redzman did for the Airram install) and customize it, you could switch the spot for your IAC and for your nitrous around maybe, that would move it a bit closer, and you could get a better angle without having to worry about spraying IN the IAC.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

^ Yes, you only spray at WOT, but if you suddenly let go of the gas (and the spray stops), there is a small amount of stuff that was sprayed but didn't get through the TB.. that would go back. So I'm saying he should try and let go easier, so the spray stops but the butterfly is not completely closed the next instant. I realize this is not what you want to do when shifting, but I would just try doing it for a few days and see if there's any difference..
Old 09-25-2007, 04:13 PM

^^ I get what you're saying, but if you're spraying, you are probably WOT for a few seconds after you are DONE spraying also, you usually don't just finish spraying and then let off the gas and start slowing down right away. And that few seconds should be more than enough to clear a little fuel out of the system..

The only thing I can think of is that they're too close together. DTN, do you notice a slight residue inside the intake like right BEFORE the MAF? If so, how far down the piping does it go?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:35 PM
DTN

Actually, that makes sence, it's possible. My nitrous system is activated by WOT voltage at the TPS. I've never really paid attention. It's possible that it is an inherrent problem with the gasoline still left inside the piping running down into the intake after i've let go of the gas. Usually when I use it, i'm slowing down or coasting shortly after. Nitrous is used for acelleration. I'll pay attention and see if throttling up after boosting nitrous helps to clear the remainder of the wet shot from the intake.