Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

BEWARE 75 SHOT!!!

Old 02-18-2002, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And when thinking about the computer and the knock sensor being smart enough to retard the timing does not mean that the first detonation can't toast your car.
http://www.eurosportacc.com/
Old 02-18-2002, 02:43 PM

2k wagon.

i designed my own wet system for under $400 for the basic parts brand new from the local speed shop.

i used a wet carb edelbrock kit, and i discarded the carb plate, and used an NOS FOGGER 2 nozzle instead... the pictures are on my website @ http://www.pcrepairworld.com/nitrousworld
Old 02-19-2002, 01:40 AM

Originally posted by SickYellowG60:

Animal, let me know if you are going to go there.

yup,... right after i get the exhaust done
imma stick with I/H/E for awhile so i want to make sure my car can handle the 75

if i do it now,... i will have to go back again once i get the exhaust done since,... more power,.... more fuel,... BOOM!
lol
i might even kill my engine mods there,... since my next one will probably cost me,... new injectors, SAFC, plus what ever mod im going to do, plus tuning,...$$$$$

ill let you know though
Old 02-19-2002, 05:51 AM

hey folks, i just installed the new NOS bottle heater !!!

damn, that sucker works FAST! hahaha

its a complete kit, comes with relay, thermostatic sensors (to shut off the heater when the bottle reaches 85) and all the wires and connectors...

14's here i come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif

SWEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!

next month, i'm getting the NOS remote bottle opener !!! YEEEHAAAAWWWWW

no more folding the rear seat down to open the bottle.. then shutting it off every damn time i get in and out of the car.. .just flick the switch and GO !

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: FordFasteR ]
Old 02-19-2002, 10:50 AM

ok i tested it

1st cyl

2nd cyl

3rd cyl

4th cyl

sad.gif
Old 02-20-2002, 12:40 AM

thats not bad.

probly similar to stock numbers...

did you test it with the gas pedal at WOT? or did you test it with the throttle body closed?

if you tested it closed, your numbers may be off slightly.. i would go back and re-test it , with some frind holding the pedal down to WOT.

i'm sure it wont make much diff, but you'll get more accurate numbers that way..

seems like your ok for now though.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:04 AM

well hyundai reports that anything under 199 is unnacceptable
214 is the norm

im considering buying a used engine now sad.gif

i will test the car on sunday

if the numbers stay the same,... then i can put off the engine swap until summer

BTW,...isnt checking the compression at open throttle dangerous???
i disabled the fuel system while i ran the check

i dont want those suckers firing,... i dont need anymore BOOMS!!!!
tongue.gif
Old 02-20-2002, 02:18 AM

no its not dangerous, you are supposed to disconnect all the spark plug wires from the plugs so it wont fire them smile.gif

sheesh.

engine diagnostics 101.

hehehe

if i was you, i would not buy another engine, i would change out the pistons for forged and get some nice I beam rods.. then get some FERREA steel valves into that cylinder head.. put it all back together and spray a 100 shot all day long USING A F*CKING WET KIT FOR CHRIST SAKE ! hahahah smile.gif

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: FordFasteR ]
Old 02-20-2002, 03:09 AM

but when you do put all the plugs back,.. youll have a grip of fuel in the engine,... just doesnt seem right

i disconnected the harness from the fuel pump and everything went ok

as far as the customized work,... i am still thinking about it
but it would be cheaper just to get another used engine,... my engine also has 70k miles on it
plus i could sell my engine afterwards
Old 02-20-2002, 11:22 AM

FordfasteR,
When you said put it together and drop a 100 shot in all day long, you are joking right? I am hopping that you are at least thinking that the motor will be broken in before using nitros oxide system, right? Other wise the motor might not blow to pieces but then Jaws021 would be lossing so much oil it would be useless.

Jaws021,
Before you start buying a used motor why don't you just take some time to tear your motor down so that you can find out if you really need new pistons. You might only need rings and maybe honing. You can expect for the worst but don't put any money into it until you really know what is going on.

FordfasteR is right though, the compression tester will not spark the fuel, no BOOM.