Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To The Forums: Red

Old 02-17-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to welcome a new member to our community!

Member Name: Red
Registered on: Feb 17 2009, 01:18 PM
Profile: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showuser=9539

Red,
Welcome To RDTiburon.com. Please feel free to look around and post get to know others! Remember, you will not be able to post anywhere in the forums until you reply to this topic.

Please be sure to read the site rules completely. Here are a couple more items specifically for new users.
1. You will not be able to post anywhere in the forum until you complete your introduction, you can do that by replying to this post.
2. We do ask that you fill out your profile completely, to include your location, and year model of your Tiburon if you have one.

Here is a SAMPLE STANDARD FORMAT INTRODUCTION POST.

Hi, my name is ____.

I'm from ______.

I drive a ______ _____.

I found these forums through _____ _____ __ __ _ _____ _ ______ _________________________ _ ___.

I've done the following mods to my car.

__
____
_
_____

It's good to meet you all and I hope to learn from you!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:22 AM

Oh, I think anyone who's been around Hyundais long enough knows who I am. smile.gif

After five years of life in solitude and confinement, the Tib has re-emerged from storage and is picking up parts again. I'm currently based in Louisville KY, anyone who actually remembers me probably also remembers that I was living in Albuquerque, New Mexico during my "active" time.

Anyway, got some new tricks up my sleeve, so let's get to it.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow.

Heya red!

While some of us know you, a LOT don't, post up your intro mang!

Good to see you coming back into the habit. Can i get you anything from ABQ?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Wow, blast from the past.

Did you ever finish the project website? Last I checked it was stuck under construction. . .
Old 02-17-2009, 01:19 PM

Humorously, http://www.hyundaiproject.com is on a server that I haven't paid for in several years. I have no access to any of it 02.gif Also sadly, not a whole lot has changed... Either way, I'm gonna get it moved to an ISP that I can control, and rebuild it somehow.

So, my introduction:

I was one of the first performance nuts from the original "The Hyundai Connection" website run by James Fabin from way the hell back in the day. When THC went away, I moved with Chris Highet to run FXTreme.org, the definitive hyundai performance site for probably another year after THC domain was purchased by Hyundai.

I then went to HyundaiAftermarket with Random, and after about 2002 I fell off the planet due to work, relocation, and a bunch of international travel.

Now the Tiburon's introduction:

It's one of the very first models to hit the US shores, manufacture date of 06/96. It's also one of the very few Tiburons to have the funky "plum" color from the factory. Unfortunately, thanks to the New Mexico sun and a long stint of storage outdoors, it's also one of many Tiburons to suffer from a lot of clearcoat damage 02.gif It's nothing as pretty as it used to be...

Around 2000 or so, I pulled the stock motor at 100,000 miles, and fully replaced it. You can see the full details of this teardown and rebuild in the website above, the technical details are still correct sans a few spelling and engrish errors. wink1.gif Six months ago I started back into the swing of things with some spare time and spare money. I've been working through the wheels, tires, brakes, suspension and all that jazz.

Speaking of which, I need to go break out some geezer "back in my day" ranting over in the 5-lug conversion thread. It's been open for two years, and you guys still haven't figured out how to do it yet? Slackers!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome
Old 02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Banned

welcome back!!!! i have only known you as a myth and a legend.....

i came in the scene in late 03, after you were gone, but i have read alot and heard alot.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Is it just my imagination or is there a small bunch of old-timers popping up again after disappearing for 5-7 years? I think Red should get a special dispensation on his member number. Or not; it would be fun to see if anyone calls him a n00b because he just signed up! nana.gif
Old 02-18-2009, 07:59 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stocker @ Feb 17 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Is it just my imagination or is there a small bunch of old-timers popping up again after disappearing for 5-7 years? I think Red should get a special dispensation on his member number. Or not; it would be fun to see if anyone calls him a n00b because he just signed up! nana.gif</div>

I don't care either way -- I love it when people slam me with "newb" status, as if my postcount somehow has a bearing on what I have to say wink1.gif
Old 02-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Banned

n00b.. lmao.gif lmao.gif haha.gif haha.gif