Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

keyless entry and alarm

Old 02-06-2005, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im so glad my car came with this when I bought it!!
Old 02-06-2005, 11:32 AM

I had a remote starter + keyless door locks, its pretty cool ive never had a problem with either, i have one more button i can program but idk how i program the thing, the manual dosent make sense.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:33 AM

ok here are the real questions you need to find answers too. Don't pay any attention to the mindless bs. When you actuate the drivers door lock does the passanger follow? if yes then you only need one actuator, if not you need two. But i'm pretty sure that all RD2's came with power locks. what do you need the alarm to do? do you need 6-8 sensors to tell you if a window is broken or the hood is raised? probally not because once they break the window they will open the door that will set it off. But chances are you alarm will go off by the jaring of the car. Do you have an automatic? if not you might not want auto start. but you can have it on a 5 speed. If you have a good installer they will install a sensor that won't allow it to start in gear. most good installers can do this. Also actuators aren't that expensive. DEI's are about 25 each or you can go to ebay and pick up some for arround 10. The avg install price is 100 for an alarm and 50 for the actuator. Plus the 3-8 in shop fees. You can get a great alarm installed for arround 300. Take this from someone who knows. I'd had my alarm installed in my car for 375 and in my truck i did an alarm and power door locks for 150.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (solo-baric)
But i'm pretty sure that all RD2's came with power locks.

NO i have an RD2 that didnt have power door locks

QUOTE (solo-baric)
Take this from someone who knows. I'd had my alarm installed in my car for 375 and in my truck i did an alarm and power door locks for 150.

SO have i.. at IU for 350 i got alarm, keyless entry, and TWO actuators because i didnt have power door locks.. end of story...
Old 02-06-2005, 02:38 PM

i know for a fact that power locks weren't an option. they probally just screwed you!! and you can't accept that fact.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (solo-baric)
i know for a fact that power locks weren't an option. they probally just screwed you!! and you can't accept that fact.

DUDE what the hell are you talking about? i bought my car used and it didnt have power door locks in it...end of story...do you think that somebody wasted money to change the door locks to manual B4 i bought it?

I AM NOT A LIAR!!

do i have to take my friggin door panels off to prove it to you??..if all tibs had power locks why was their an old DIY to install power door locks? i thought you were done acting like this solo..
Old 02-06-2005, 03:43 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

QUOTE (alex01tib)
but the doors dont both lock with the drivers door if you dont have stock power locks

Yes they do..
edit: sorry i misread your post (the part where u said "if u don't have stock power locks)
Old 02-06-2005, 09:10 PM

acting like what??? everthing you actuator was bad? RD2's came stock with power door locks but maybe you car came from canada and they are backwards. RD1's didn't come with all power options factory ! I just wish i had my car's sticker so i could scan it and post it up that has it as standard equipment.