Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Fiberglass???

Old 02-01-2005, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberglass???

Im back again...as you can see from my photos now..I made a custom enclosure for my 3 12" subs..I constructed a frame..cut out the holes layed filling added filling filled plastic bags for shape and layed a blanket over...Id love to make it all fiberglass but Im not too sure how to do it...Ive got the Haynes Extreme In-Car Entertainment book..but it doesnt have anything to deal with blankets..just wood and mesh.Plus I heard you can lay fiberglass over the door panels and dash as well..I know you need to mix the resin and slop it all over the place..but I tried that on the floor...bc its fabric as well...and it just absorbed it..so Im at a loss....lemme know what to do.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:56 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

QUOTE (E.C.Customs)
but I tried that on the floor...bc its fabric as well...and it just absorbed it..so Im at a loss....lemme know what to do.

You were supposed to cover the floor with tons of tape!

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36873

Check out those links...
Old 02-01-2005, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

postpics.gif

Come on mang.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:25 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

http://www.rdtiburon.com/forum/vbgarage.ph...do=view&id=1274

I need to figure out how to integrate that under peoples avatars.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:01 AM

I'm confused. Your user name is E.C. Customs, so I was under the impression that you knew how to work with glass and other things.

I work with glass on a regular basis.What exactly do you want to know?
Old 02-02-2005, 01:31 PM

QUOTE (MADTIB)
I'm confused. Your user name is E.C. Customs, so I was under the impression that you knew how to work with glass and other things.

I was thinking the samething. Please fill us in.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:07 PM

holy SH!T!!! man it looks like a 2 year old played in your car. You need to start sanding and bondoing and more sanding. BTW WTF did you do to you door pannels??? If looks as if you puked and it stained it perminatly. dude go to select products and buy the video's. You need lots of help, the kind of help that hook on phonics gives you. If you read the directions you can do it pretty easily. i hope you have at least 1/2" of glass on that box or it will explode. Well that might be kind of cool to see. Man I'm almost at a loss for words on your project.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:17 PM

first of all...its a name I thought of...bc Id like to get more into it....anyway...the pics arent really that good...and I was in the middle of changing the color from lime green to white...thats why it looks all messed up...I just painted the dash and I have it back in...and now im workin on the drivers side door panel...so dont worry...its not nearly as weird lookin as it was....about the tape on the floor....i did that....on the passenger side..but i guess i didnt use enough fiberglass..cus it cracked...big surprise...anyway..with the sub enclosure...it works fine bc all i did was use 3 sub boxs..built a frame around them to hold them in place..and cut holes out of a pretty thick blanket....layed the blanket over and stapled it down...my next step is to lay fiberglass and body filler over, sand it and paint it...but thats why i was asking about the fiberglass in the first place...thanks for the remarks about my puked on door panels...itll look much better when i update the pics...i promise...BTW...the E.C.Customs means Electric City Customs...I live in Scranton Pa. and Electric City is its nickname...I tinted my windows..installed my deck, amp, and subs, attempted the enclosure...painted the interior numerous colors..installed the fog lamps and mounted neons all over the place..so needless to say i have an interest in customizing....so that just about explains E.C.Customs...and honestly joining this site has really helped out.Im glad I found it.

*GLAD YOU LIKE THE SITE, PLEASE DON'T DOUBLE POST.*

what i wanted to know about glass though..is how do I apply it to the dash and door panels...and how the hell do i go about laying it on the blanket enclosure i made
Old 02-02-2005, 08:19 PM

what i wanted to know about glass though..is how do I apply it to the dash and door panels...and how the hell do i go about laying it on the blanket enclosure i made
Old 02-03-2005, 03:11 AM

QUOTE (solo-baric)
holy SH!T!!! man it looks like a 2 year old played in your car. You need to start sanding and bondoing and more sanding. BTW WTF did you do to you door pannels??? If looks as if you puked and it stained it perminatly. dude go to select products and buy the video's. You need lots of help, the kind of help that hook on phonics gives you. If you read the directions you can do it pretty easily. i hope you have at least 1/2" of glass on that box or it will explode. Well that might be kind of cool to see. Man I'm almost at a loss for words on your project.

Are we compensating for something?!?!?

As for applying it to the dash and door panels... one step at a time man. If you insist on using the 3 individual enclosures in your frame then this is what you do. REMOVE the blanket and replace with some fleece from an arts and crafts store. Hot glue the fleece down, put a layer of resin, then lay the glass on as the DIYs in the link I posted above show you.