Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

keyless entry and alarm

Old 02-05-2005, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Kit-Fox)
he also hooked me up with a remote starter, heh, sweet thing on a Tib, even though it warms up realy quick its always nice though.

yah most of us cant get a remote starter cuz of it being stick, and dont even ask why we cant get it LOL...
Old 02-05-2005, 10:45 PM

yes actuators i swear they only needed to put one in my car. Because if you think about it when our cars lock/unlock both doors do at the same time. So shouldn't you only need one actuator in the drivers side door?
Old 02-05-2005, 10:45 PM

QUOTE (alex01tib)
wrong.. one actuator per door, unless you dont want your pass side door to lock/unlock...sorry

No. As someone else already mentioned, Tibs are factory wired to unlock and lock their passenger side doors when the driver's door is unlocked or locked. So you only need an actuator for one door. Take your flagpole and....
Old 02-05-2005, 10:47 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

QUOTE (alex01tib)
yah most of us cant get a remote starter cuz of it being stick, and dont even ask why we cant get it LOL...

Why not??? you can get a remote starter on manuals!!! you just have to make sure you dont leave it in gear cause then it jumps forward and takes out another car! all you have to do is go under the dash and theres a push in button ( that the clutch pedal hits) and you push it in and (use what ever your imagination can think of) make sure it stays in.not sure if unpluggin it will do! but try it out, i'm havin an alarm system, remote start (manual) and acuators so my doors unlock(i have manual locks) put in thursday for $375. i'm getting the "valet" alarm system, the one with the screen that beeps and vibrates if someone is messing with your car!!!

Also, what alarms do you people have on your cars?
Old 02-05-2005, 10:53 PM

QUOTE (fonseca)
No. As someone else already mentioned, Tibs are factory wired to unlock and lock their passenger side doors when the driver's door is unlocked or locked. So you only need an actuator for one door. Take your flagpole and....

i was talking about people who didnt have stock power locks since the oringinal poster doesnt have them:eyeroll:

QUOTE (1997tibby)
Why not??? you can get a remote starter on manuals!!! you just have to make sure you dont leave it in gear cause then it jumps forward and takes out another car! all you have to do is go under the dash and theres a push in button ( that the clutch pedal hits) and you push it in and (use what ever your imagination can think of) make sure it stays in.not sure if unpluggin it will do! but try it out, i'm havin an alarm system, remote start (manual) and acuators so my doors unlock(i have manual locks) put in thursday for $375. i'm getting the "valet" alarm system, the one with the screen that beeps and vibrates if someone is messing with your car!!!

Also, what alarms do you people have on your cars?

You CAN do it but most installation places wont do it(in CNY at least) because if you leave it in gear on accident it will go go go....the guy at IU said they first and only time they did it, the guys wife left it in gear and it hit some people...You can do it but its hard/dangerous...sorry if you thought i meant it was impossible
Old 02-06-2005, 12:10 AM

QUOTE (1997tibby)
Why not??? you can get a remote starter on manuals!!! you just have to make sure you dont leave it in gear cause then it jumps forward and takes out another car!

you can do it, but its illegal. shops won't do it for you in my area, so you better be god at wiring if you want it.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:36 AM

QUOTE (alex01tib)
wrong.. one actuator per door, unless you dont want your pass side door to lock/unlock...sorry

i dont think so..i wanted the alarm/keyless entry and they said since i needed the actuators it would be 350-400, the said the actuators alone were 60 a pop... so i went to IU

Actually, if your both doors lock and unlock by locking and unlocking the DRIVER's door, then you only need ONE actuator.
If not, it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg for the actuators, wiring,... etc.
It's a pain.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:52 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

QUOTE (alex01tib)
i dont think so..i wanted the alarm/keyless entry and they said since i needed the actuators it would be 350-400, the said the actuators alone were 60 a pop... so i went to IU

I work there, I asked how much the keyless entry kit is and was told $120. I do not know for sure if that includes the actuators, but I will check when I go in tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

remote start is possible on a manual. use a magnetic reed switch.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:00 AM

QUOTE (KayJai)
Actually, if your both doors lock and unlock by locking and unlocking the DRIVER's door, then you only need ONE actuator.
If not, it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg for the actuators, wiring,... etc.
It's a pain.

but the doors dont both lock with the drivers door if you dont have stock power locks, and thats what we were talking about because phenonmenal thunder doesnt have power door locks. I know that both doors dont lock because i didnt have stock power locks and they locked independant of each-other. The result? when a tibby w.o power door locks gets power locks installed it needs two actuators. how do i know for sure? because my drivers side actuator $hit the bed and my right one still works fine..

and java i know you work there and all, but if it was only 120 installed, i would have went there to get it done... IU was slightly cheaper so i went there

And tibby01 we know its possible its just hard/dangerous/illegal(i think in NY at least) and very few shops will do it for you..