Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Getting a system..

Old 02-01-2005, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a system..

I was talking to someone, and he was telling me all this stuff, and all the sudden he dissapeared before we started talking about sizes/brands to get..
I haven't seen him on the forums and he hasn't replied to my email..so I thought i'd post and get other peoples opinions. And I know there's probably other topics on this, but I didn't bother to look on the 2nd page, just the first...laugh.gif:

Ok, I was hoping to get something that has the ability to provide a lot of bass, but can also let you hear the people singing and what not..
And I wanted it to be clear/sharp, not just bass drowning out everything else. I was hopin to stay around 12" unles that's too big.
What do you guys think is an appropriate size/brand? I was wantin 2 subs, and one amp..
Thanks for the help/thoughts/flames (not)
Old 02-01-2005, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

duel audiobahn 12's with sonys or pioneers in the rest of the car. for amp go w/ boss, infinity, or audiobahn unless you got cash. just make sure you equalize the bass on the amp AND the headunit so you can hear the song. late'

PS. use a cap, 2c
Old 02-01-2005, 12:16 PM

Whats everyone think of JBL stuff?
Old 02-01-2005, 12:46 PM

old school jbl stuff is ok. but boss sucks.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:59 PM

I LOVE my Clarion DXZ845MC. It r0x0r5!
Old 02-01-2005, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

MTX is good, but get 10's, 12's suck.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:07 AM

I have 6.75" subs, but 8's and 10's are good too.Go with a well built/designed sealed or aperiodic enclosure,and use good clean power.Also, I highly recommend using a line driver between the head and amp, and use remote gain control.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:29 PM

Oh, look who it is ^^ MAdtib.
Now you talk to me! Haha..
tongue.gif

What would be a decent system (brand + type) I could get?
I was looking at JL 8w3v2. <- 2 of those, and an amp.
Anybody have any experience with those?
Or a good setup, where I don't have to upgrade anything?
Old 02-03-2005, 07:42 PM

Subs? easy, fork out a few extra bucks (maybe not even) go audiobahn. you wont be dissapointed. for a listing of all thier stuff check out audiobahn.com . Or look into some really nice sonys or JL audio.

search ebay theyve got great deals. go with 10's, they hit the more accuratly and clearer than some huge 15s!! plus if you get something nice they'll be even louder than 15s. get a nice amp to power them and a cap so you dont kill your battery and this way your amps got some nice clean power to it.

and no idont work for audiobahn if your wondering just a really really happy customer. trust me.

Speakers? Pioneer (not the cheap **** tho), Audiobahn, Infinity.
btw your sizes up front are 6.5 and rear is 6x9.

again man, ebay is a great tool looking for caraudio just make sure you look really close at the auction. get NEW sh*t , and from a person whos got a good amount of positive feedback.

if you got questions about stuff you can always ask here but you can also call cardomain or crutchfield they'll help you without you even having to buy anything.

Use all zero gauge wire, and i'd recommend a circuit breaker instead of a fuse .(it'll save u in the long run trust me)

Also MadTib: 6.75" subs? How many watts? What Brand? How do they sound????

edit: damnit i knew i would slip the sh*t word in there somewhere...lol i was reading thru it before i clicked save changes and didn't catch it. eyeroll.gif fuaws.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:57 PM

What is your budget? Do you want just subs and an amp, or do you want to replace front speakers and your head unit as well?