Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Fuel needle problems...

Old 03-11-2005, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

dunno.gif That was the only thing I could think of. I never took one of those motors appart so I dont know what it uses to 'hold' it in place.

A loose needle wouldnt do it (if it moves when the car is on, its tight enough. If it was 'loose' enough to drop down, it would never move upward to begin with).
Old 03-11-2005, 06:44 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

well, it must be broken I guess then. I remember it never did this before, and from hearing from you guys it seems all your car's fuel needles stay in place when car is off.

No biggie, it's just a nuisiance I'd like to get fixed.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:56 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Could you have possibly broke something when you were messing with it?? Maybe a circuit isn't in properly or something that would cause it to "forget" what position it was on. I know my old @$$ beretta did exactly what you're talking about.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i have an extra motor right here i can send you with the window switcehs when you get those done. or if you want to send me the gauges i could swap it out. if you want to give it a try though, it really isnt to hard.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:48 PM

I am pretty sure my needle goes to zero when I shut the car off, but now you got me second guessing myself. I will check for sure tomorrow, but I know that every other car that I have had did.

Also, when I fill my tank, my needle does take like 5 min to get up to full. I have installed the Bros gauges though, so I may have done the same thing that you have. It has just never been that big of a problem for me.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:57 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

QUOTE (tibby01)
i have an extra motor right here i can send you with the window switcehs when you get those done. or if you want to send me the gauges i could swap it out. if you want to give it a try though, it really isnt to hard.

PM me or e-mail me : pganpath @ gmail.com

and tell me what I have to do to swap them out.
Is it just unscrew old one and screw on new one? Do I have to mess with the LED's at all? If your description confuses me I'll do this:

send my cluster back to you with the two window switches and 25.00 dollars.
You'll:
replace motor and LED up my winsow switches with your masterful LED skeelz!

QUOTE (TibRacer01)
Also, when I fill my tank, my needle does take like 5 min to get up to full. I have installed the Bros gauges though, so I may have done the same thing that you have. It has just never been that big of a problem for me.

I know, my needle took that long before the LED mod as well, but now it does it EVERY time I start my car. It's annoying watching it go up for 10 miles of driving. I dunno, just me....I'm a perfectionist somewhat.