Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Flir

Old 09-27-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

The time you spend looking away from the windshield to the display to the speedo is time you aren't looking where you need to be. The more you switch back and forth the more likely you are to make a mistake. Sure if you lived in the mountains or where low visibility conditions like fog snowstorms long roads with no lights ect happen often this may benefiet you, but more often than not, it is a distraction. The cons outweigh the benefeits in my eyes (For the majority of city driving folk) I see this causing more accidents than it prevents. like i said though some folks it could be very usefull for, but 90% of people it would be just one more thing taking their attention off the road and puttin it some where else.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:51 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

i think that not only switching from screen to windshield would cause distrations, but also the fact that you only see INFRONT of you, you have no peripheral vision, and in to see behind you, you still have to move your entire field of vision, causing you to switch between windshield, screen, side windows, and rear view, compared to windshield, and side windows, (considering your rear view is made to be in your line of vision while looking out the front windshield)
Old 09-27-2008, 07:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I have 8000k hid's, which has already helped a ton. what i am more worried about is the deer lying on the side of the road and them all of a sudden it decides to jump out. not even hids can warn you of that and if you didnt catch the gleam of their eyes it is basically too late. i have great periphael vision so if i saw a hot spot on the screen it could also be another way of warning for me.

i dunno, ive just always liked the idea of seeing in the dark.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

We have it on our planes. If you watch close you can see someone fart. You can also tell the difference between men and women by the heat pattern. Someone taking a leak is also pretty crazy to see through flir.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ you saw that video too? haha

I have a helluva time driving with night vision goggles.

pure awesome!! but what if the guy coming at you has HID's? thermal and night vision are great. i think they should be used more frequently in security areas.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:29 PM

This system isn't actually thermal it is based on infrared wavelengths.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Sep 27 2008, 09:57 PM)
^ you saw that video too? haha

I have seen alot of IR videos. I am talking about stuff I have seen in real life though. lol
Old 09-28-2008, 09:05 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

would work well in sun visors, then you dont have to look down...
deffenitly going to want to dim the screen most of the time, when u dont want it just flip and forget.

i could see this causing problems anywhere if your on a twisty road, the "hotspot" of an animal showing up as your going around a corner would be distracting... ive ended up with a raccoon in my lane going around a corner of a back road and theres not much you can do other then hit it...

great for not so twisty back roads or highways though!
i wonder if you could record the output of this flir thing...
Old 09-28-2008, 11:17 AM

You could record it the same as any other video.