Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Flir

Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

FLIR

built in to some of the upper models of the BMW's, this would be perfect for me since I am so damn freaked out about hitting a deer with my car.

what i am trying to find out now is if we could hook this up to a full screen double din HU instead of getting their LCD monitor. I've sent a email, hopefully they will respong with price and my dreams.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:34 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

If you watched the car video it states that it works with most display units.

As far as using it on a car, I see it being much more of a distraction than help.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

yeah, i meant the HU I'll be getting AJ. I know the Alpine model i am getting supports GPS, just need to know if i can incorporate this into it also.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000

Thats some bad ass technology. You know what would be really cool though. If at night it would detect at far enough distances so you could see a cop radaring. yes there are radar detectors and stuff but i think it would still be cool to be able to see him before you were in range.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:39 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The technology has been in use for years. The really cool thing about it, you can check the water level in a water tower using it. The water tower heats up quicker then the water and cools down quicker. IT leaves a different shade line across the IR device. I wouldn't really want this for my car. My HIDs work fine.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:46 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

i agree this would be really cool to have, but i also agree it may cause more distraction then help

maybe they can incoporate a sensor in ti that will notify you when your coming up on an object at a fast speed, to try and alert you that something is in the way
Old 09-27-2008, 10:20 AM

I don't think it would be a distractions if you had it in a heads up unit as i believe UrS0NvS is talking about. If you could get it to display exactly the same image that is directly infront of you on the HU display it would be pretty cool
Old 09-27-2008, 10:44 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They make these units pretty compact. I've used them as a scope on a riffle. In Iraq, we would have a 7.62mm fully automatic turret setup with one of these mounted on top of it. The 240B could be detached from the turret if needed and carried around by hand. It's pretty effective on top of a tower. I can't immagine that it would be so great if you're driving and trying to use it at the same time. I have a helluva time driving with night vision goggles. I suppose if you could mount it up higher and have it somewhere in your standard field of view, it would be better.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:48 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

If you can track down a phone # for FLIR call and ask them what they use for video out. I am sure it is a standard single line video out, so if the alpine head unit has video in you are in there like swim wear.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:23 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

I don't see how it's a distraction.... It shows exactly what you would see looking out your windshield so in threory you are still.. looking out your windshield