Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..
View Poll Results: Do you use the sunglasses holder in your RD2?
Yes
52.63%
Sometimes
10.53%
Go ahead and fill that fux0r with electronics
36.84%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Use The Sunglasses Holder In Your Rd2?

Old 04-20-2005, 12:36 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm planning on making a DIY mod similar to the one that REDZMAN " I just installed it " has in his car for the sunroof only. The thing is that I need space for the mod. I never use my sunglasses holder. I was wondering if this would be practical for anyone else, being that it would require alot less work for this mod to work if it could be placed next to the switch. There's also some room in the console area around the lights/sunglasses holder/sun roof control but i'm not sure of dimensions yet. just doing a little research. if you'd like to post info on wiring go ahead. but please, if you have a sunroof, vote!

looks like i could draw power from the lights for the switch controlled by relay.

UPDATE: Project UNscrapped and put back on drawing board...

This bad mama-jamma will activate when you open your sunroof, close your sunroof for you when you shut off your car, then shut itself back off. Should have been a stock mod. It's looking like it won't even have to go in the sunglasses holder. It will fit on a 2x2" board !!!!

This is the finished schematic.

Start testing tomorrow when radio shack opens!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I think it's the best place to put sun glasses in.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:15 PM

I don't have one, but I'm planning to pick one up and mold the face of my headunit in.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:16 PM

i guess it would be a good spot for sunglasses as long as you don't care if they get all farked up. i say fill that mother with gizmos and what not.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:18 PM

I use that sunglass holder religiously...it's a hell of a lot nicer to find my sunglasses in one piece and without a giant scratch on the lense after fishing through my console or glove box for them...
Old 04-20-2005, 02:19 PM

I use it to hold my nice Ray-Bans, and then I put my crappier Ray-Bans in the center console.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

With the sunglasses these days, like oakley and such. They won't even fit into the sunglass holder, unless they are wire frames. I say put anything but sunglasses in there. laugh.gif
Old 04-20-2005, 02:21 PM

Hell yeah I use it There are aviators in there right now actually. I'm no hardcore sunglass wearer or what have you, but it's convenient when you use it.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:23 PM

^^^^^ Seems funny that you say that, Blacktibby. Most sunglasses...al least most of the nicer ones are metal frames now, gone are the days of the 1980's Wayfarers from Risky Business. Maybe it is just me, but the big plastic frames look tacky, though they are affordable, and really it is the lenses that make the difference.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:29 PM

Use it for electronics. Sunglasses would get too scratched up in there. Not to mention if you drive like me they would just fly out all the time laugh.gif