Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Remap Ecu And Raise Rev Limiter!

Old 08-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eh, 100$ to raise rev limiter really isnt that bad.. ya know why, cuz no one else can do it for that price.. it would help alotta guys with piggyback management or hi cams in there cars to get the most power out of the car, and to actually make power to more rpm than our redline.

a better tuning setup has always 'been coming' and there TONs of options out there as is anyways, ranging from 300$-700$ for awesome tuning.. people just need to be pioneers and do it.

the megasquirt system is cheap as hell, and offers FULL standalone capabilities.. theres just not many people that will pioneer and do it.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:23 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

I've been thinking about raising the redlind to 8,500rpm. With a new engine build coming this winter and proper internal work. The engine should be able to spin to 8,000rpm's with no issues. Of course, extensive work will need to be done. Here's what I'm thinking.

Block:
overbore
vac cleaning
magnaflux
checking the deck
deburring
red glyphol
knifedge crank
balance crank

Rods/Pistons:
1.8l rods and pistons
shotpeened
balanced

Head:
Porting/Polish
New springs/retainers
Polish valves.

ARP connecting rod bolts and head bolts will be used of course. Thats all I can think of for now.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

<span style="color:red">Stop quoting post above yours! Use arrows! lol</span>

/\

If you take the 1.8l rods and pistons , is because your are turbo !
So if you whant to rev to 8000 rpm , it is better to buy forged piston and keep your stock rod if money is a issue .
shorter rod will give you more side load on your piston .
we have 1.56 rod/stroke ratio and if you put the 1.8l rod it will be worst .
Old 08-28-2007, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Hello again everybody,

Just an update,

I called Keith after work today and he told me that he shipped it out yesterday morning. That is a pretty damn quick turn around, he even apologized for the delay mentioning that he got called out of town. I was just excited to hear that he had already shipped it back out!

So I will have it in the next day or two, definately before the weekend.

I might run at the track this friday night depending on the weather conditions. With the new beta 2 trans and being able to rev to 7300, I can reach about 102 mph in third gear thus eliminating my 3rd to 4th gear shift and lowering my time by a few tenths hopefully. Not to mention being in the power band for that much longer. I'm excited.

I will post up my results and let you all know how it turns out.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

yes please let us know i would buy one if it really actually worked.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hopefully you dont get tibminn'ed.

That sucked.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:15 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

/\

If you take the 1.8l rods and pistons , is because your are turbo !
So if you whant to rev to 8000 rpm , it is better to buy forged piston and keep your stock rod if money is a issue .
shorter rod will give you more side load on your piston .
we have 1.56 rod/stroke ratio and if you put the 1.8l rod it will be worst .
[/quote]

That a pretty bold statement. forged pistons dont mean shit if you dont know what to set the end gap on the rings. as for side load i ran my set up for 2 years with no scaring of the cylinders at all, you only put more side load if you dont know end gap,
as for the 1.8 rods if its so bad then why is evey shop in korea useing this setup and running 400+ on them

I build turbochared cars for a living here

as for your ecu send it to me..

Btw i also rebuild RX7 as well so far 39 and counting..
Old 09-12-2007, 11:49 AM

ive asked a few shops down here (south florida) about getting my limiter bumped up, this one sounds like a winner.

question though: why would it be a bad idea for a low powered car to have this? why do you need internals if your only raising redline to ~7500? i have basic mods, but first through third i feel like theres so much more power waiting for me to get up to it. cai, 1.8l cam, 4-1 headers to a 2.25 exhaust makes for top end power(i have other mods too but as far as my powerband goes...) so wouldnt it make sense for even me to raise that line up a bit? especially in first and second i know my power gets cut off way before its done.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

This sounds like a great deal for the n/a Tibs. There's a lot of HP hiding beyond the rev limiter with some mods.
And I agree, we've heard the "it's coming" statement about 100 times over the last 5 years, it's just annoying now. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. "We'll believe it when we see it" now applies to just about everything.

I'd wait til Tdonnell gets his back and tries it out. Then maybe send in a few more. If those come out ok, then talk to him about a discounted GB.

Remember guys, go slow with these "new" people. It might be legit, or seem legit at first, but you know the track record for GB's these days.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The "It's coming" thing hasn't been posted by me before though, so it is.

The failed prebuys/group buys, and other sales on here have us doing it a different way, we won't post much about it till it's all ready and done. Hell, we've only been working this angle for a month or two, and it looks really good so far.