Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Remap Ecu And Raise Rev Limiter!

Old 09-27-2007, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

?your not using anything to tune it with?
i mean did you just jump on the dyno and run it as it sat or....
cause i would agree a solid tune (my tib like it the best at 13.0-12.5) would deffinitly yeild a 10-15 whp increase.
its all in the tune.
Chase
thats smoke was most likely excess oil burning off ot carbon build up being freed as it had never been revved that high.
good to know.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

He is still tuning with an SAFC. But hes saying a better tune with perhaps an SMT6 or standalone would give more power.

TDonnell, yes that would help out quite a bit I believe.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Yeah, thanks guys.

I will look into a standalone once I get a daily driver and will have time to mess with the tib without having to rely on it 100%.

Just an FYI, with this ECU I cannot get into my OBDII port, it just doesn't connect. I have tried 3 different scanners so it is definately something that Kevin does that disables the OBD connection.

It's not a biggie for me as I can just connect my 2.0 ECU and run through emissions, but for those of you that don't have a spare ECU it might be something to think about.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:47 PM

Hey Redz and Jon, since you guys paid for this, do you want to voice any opinions?
Old 10-07-2007, 05:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Sorry, I was busy when you first posted, then forgot later. lol

It looks to me like your'e running lean. You definately don't want to be at 14:1. You could try raising the fuel pressure a bit, but then you'd have to adjust the entire map for the lower end. I would bet that the ECU would still compensate for whatever you're doing and run the same. It would be great if this guy could change the fueling.

The increase in the rev limiter is still worth it though because you can now stay more into your powerband when you shift. Before, you were shifting right at your peak.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:33 AM

Yeah,

I reset the ecu and advanced my intake cam a bit more and it runs better now, around 13:1, maybe a bit lower. More airflow according to the safc II as well so...

I would like to run it on another dyno at a different shop to see how they compare.

Thanks for updating my info in the horsepower wars thread.