Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Megasquirt help

Old 05-08-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

sweet.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon RD

So, I need some help with configuring megatune..

First of all, I need the resistor values to calibrate my coolant temperature and intake temperature sensors.. do anyone got these?

Also, a little help with the general igniton settings would be great!

If anyone got a basic tune with all set for a idle startup with a tiburon RD (NA), I would take that to :biggrin: hehe
Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Sonique hit up a member named Warp21.

He has the fastest NA beta I know of. He is running a megasquirt also. He is very knowledgeable .
Old 06-05-2011, 07:02 AM

Yeah, I sendt him a pm..

Btw, do you now what kind of idle regulator we got on our engines? .. is it a stepper motor, og is it just and auxiliary air regulator?
Old 06-05-2011, 08:11 AM

This is the setup menu for our idle control. We have a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) valve.

Here is link to all the idle valve info you'll need---->MS idle valve info

Old 06-05-2011, 08:18 AM

Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 PM

Anything to help another Tib owner fully control there car. Its so much nicer then fighting the factory Ecu. Its a true dream come true. If you want all the screen shots I have along with my full copy and paste program for Megatune follow my link in my sig. Its diffinatly worth while.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by koreancorvette01
Anything to help another Tib owner fully control there car. Its so much nicer then fighting the factory Ecu. Its a true dream come true. If you want all the screen shots I have along with my full copy and paste program for Megatune follow my link in my sig. Its diffinatly worth while.

Well, that really helps! Why didn't I see that before that solves some of my problem.. we should have the same basic ignition/trigger setup (except from the advance, since you got turbo), unless you are running something unoriginal? Do you got a box like this somewhere also?

Maybe you actually now what kind of ignition system we got also?

I see your ignition advance is very low, is that because of the turbo setup? I think mine should be from 12 to 23 degrees (at 100kPa).. does that make sence?
Old 06-07-2011, 05:09 PM

we have a waste spark setup. which means 1-4 and 2-3 spark every other time. Its called a waste spark because even on the exhaust stroke it still fires on that cylinder. Yes my spark map is a little on the retarded side . you should be around 32 degrees advanced at wot and high load. Highlight your ignition map from 2000rpms to redline from top to bottom and at the top right hand corner input 5 and hit the plus sign. That will advance your highlighted area. If you want I can rig a map up for you to try. When you turn on your car without starting it, what does your map sensor read in megatune? Your elevation will effect this number. For example mine at 3550 ft. reads 86 KPA with the motor not running. The closer to sea level you are the higher this number should be.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:18 PM

By the way as you advance your timing your fuel map will richen slightly and the same for retarding timing it will lean slightly so if I create you a map your will need to retune your VE map by logging a good ten minute drive from city to highway speeds or as much of the high to lower loads and rpms you can. You have to have a wide band o2 ran to the MS to do this correctly. Even in this case since we are going to advance your will richen up alittle so as long as you don't experiance any knock you will be fine. I still recommend talking Warp21 into getting you a screen shot of his spark map and fuel map if possible. It will land you alot closer to where you need to be.

Another place you can look is here for a possible starting map --->Anything 4 cylinder and DOHC engines will be close NA tunes