Hyundai Santa Fe Forum The Hyundai Santa Fe Forum. Hyundai's Sport Utility Vehicle discussions here such as the Santa Fe, Tuscon, and Veracruz! Learn what makes these great cross overs and SUV's one of the favorites amongst Hyundai owners.

Hyundai recalls 23,000 Santa Fe SUVs

Old 08-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Agreed. Somebody go tell Tibbi's mom he's off his meds again. Good luck with that whole insanity thing, Tibbi.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Again, more relevant come backs to actual facts provided in a satirical manor.

I mean, it's cool and all. You can buy the.... what ever you want to consider it.... but obviously I'm onto something when both of you get this butthurt. If it were a non-issue, no one would get this offended by words on the internet. That's okay though. You can come at me like that.

It's cool, try to strike me down

Old 08-21-2013, 03:11 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Every vehicle has a ride/handling tradeoff. Or in more family-relevant terms, a comfort/safety tradeoff. Having a raised vehicle will always make that tradeoff worse. For the same level of safety as an equivalent wagon, an SUV must have a stiffer ride. And vice versa. So there's that.

There's also the fact that FWD based e-diff on-demand AWD systems only provide a negligible benefit in the rough stuff. A well driven 2WD car will go almost as far, and neither will approach the broken surface usability of a proper 4WD. Don't even get me started on the pointlessness of 2WD SUVs.

So if we're taking the 'family' angle here, or the 'practicality' angle, or the 'safety' angle, buy a decent 7 seater wagon and call it a day. Or buy a 70 series landcruiser if you actually want to go off road.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

My wife's SUV/minivan (Terraza) has stability and traction control. The stability control can't be turned off. I only managed to activate it once, doing something that put my ELANTRA up on two wheels doing the same thing. The van with it's oh-so-dangerous high CG did NOT go on two wheels.

But when I put three people in the back seat of my wife's truck/car abomination, they don't have to crawl over a seat like they would if it were a wagon. Oh, plus there is another row of seats and room to stow all our crap in the back, and we can lock everything inside.

Just because YOU don't think the design compromises are worth it, does not mean the design is without merit to a different customer. Inability to recognize this fact is why you are bringing 2nd-grade level responses in a this thread. And with that, I'll leave you to your own insanity. Have fun!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Stocker
One last self justification. Then I'm going to run home, lick my wounds and call you names from the comfort of the internet.

Cool story.

Originally Posted by Stocker
But when I put three people in the back seat of my wife's truck/car abomination, they don't have to crawl over a seat like they would if it were a wagon. Oh, plus there is another row of seats and room to stow all our crap in the back, and we can lock everything inside.
Just like a van. Damn! I wish I have brought that up within the 2nd response.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I don't see what benefits the Terraza has over any other 7 seater vehicle. More specifically, I don't understand how raising it would make it a better family car.

I only managed to activate [stability control] once, doing something that put my ELANTRA up on two wheels doing the same thing. The van with it's oh-so-dangerous high CG did NOT go on two wheels.

Now those two incidents you had in your various cars, that was your particular 'experiment' with a sample group of two. But multiply the slightly shittier handling of a raised vehicle over a population of 300 million drivers, then the outliers become insignificant and you can fill a gym with needless corpses.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:29 AM

There's no point in making logical arguments. They're just going to call names and fling dung either way.

Troll and have fun. It's a lot less frustrating.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:42 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

Originally Posted by pas1216
Since it obvious you can't have a mature discussion, I'm just going to walk away from this thread.

Some one needs to grow the fvck up.