Hyundai Santa Fe Forum The Hyundai Santa Fe Forum. Hyundai's Sport Utility Vehicle discussions here such as the Santa Fe, Tuscon, and Veracruz! Learn what makes these great cross overs and SUV's one of the favorites amongst Hyundai owners.

Hyundai recalls 23,000 Santa Fe SUVs

Old 08-17-2013, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'm with Tibbi on this debate. I hate SUV's. I think they are really unnecessary and very dangerous. There's not a whole lot of extra room. The only difference is that you sit higher.

If you don't have room for things, get a roof rack or make several trips.

I'm sure you're going to be the only one driving in 4 feet of snow and you shouldn't be out driving. It's an absurdity.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:35 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
I'm sure you're going to be the only one driving in 4 feet of snow and you shouldn't be out driving. It's an absurdity.

It's not an absurdity, it the norm in winter time around here. It's not uncommon to get a storm during the day, and you find yourself driving home at rush hour in a couple of feet of snow. The plows can't do anything when the roads are packed with cars. This pic is an ACTUAL pic of my city last winter during a storm. The red bus is a OC transpo bus (ottawa city bus).

Old 08-17-2013, 07:06 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Yeah, Ontario, not Nunavut

not

PS: I guess at this point I'm the reasons Vis can't have nice threads.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Where I live, they shut down the world if it's a bit snowy-looking in the FORECAST. Go several hundred miles North, and they don't stop driving until there's too much black ice to get traction with studded tires, and snow is only a problem if you can't dig out the salt trucks and plows faster than the snow buries them.

Roof racks: sure, I'll make a day-long visit-all-the-stores shopping trip and all the sh*t from the first store will still be securely tied to the roof when I come out of the second store. Fuel economy penalties of roof racks aside, limo-tint on an SUV goes a long way toward keeping your stuff in your possession.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Stocker
limo-tint on an SUV goes a long way toward keeping your stuff in your possession.

I'm failing to see the logic in that statement. It may not have been factually relevant, but at least what pas was saying was opinion, not right out fallacy.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
...I hate SUV's. I think they are really unnecessary and very dangerous. There's not a whole lot of extra room. The only difference is that you sit higher.

If you don't have room for things, get a roof rack or make several trips.

I wasn't responding to pas. More room inside is valuable for more than just in-transit storage without destroying fuel economy.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:05 PM

I like how you completely ignored my statement. I meant, that's cool. It tells me you either a.) didn't understand. Which I know damn well you did. Or b.) You had nothing of value to elaborate upon.

The point in my now completely derailed thread-jack, there are many other options that are much safer, more economical and have more storage if one truly has the need to transport 560 gallons bags of milk with 2.5 kids and a canine. Trucks are trendy though, and that's the flat ONLY reason people buy them. But as I pointed out they are NOT, despite how it may seem from that high of a horse seated position. If a truck is truly required to get the job done, that individual would be able to buy one that actually serves a trucks purpose. Mall crawling and soccer practice do not a rugged truck's need make. In fact, people as an absolute whole have a hard enough time paying attention to the road when they can see every car. These monstrosities just create an excuse for stupid f*cking a**holes to behave even worse than before. Because "when" (not they never say "if") an "accident" (gross negligence does not count as an accident) occurs that person thinks they'll win said skirmish. It's pathetic and these vehicles should only be sold to people that can prove safe behind the wheel of one.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tibbi
Trucks are trendy though, and that's the flat ONLY reason people buy them.

I guess you talked to EVERY driver that owns one??

Originally Posted by Tibbi
there are many other options that are much safer, more economical and have more storage

please tell us what these other options are Mr.Iknowbetterthaneveryoneelse

The reason car makers make so many different type of vehicles is because everyone has different wants and needs. A certain type of vehicle may be perfect for one family, while another may find it unnecessary. After driving 2 door hatchbacks for years, and dealing with little to no space (when a child seat is installed in an Accent, the front passenger gets SQUISHED), the SUV is a refreshing change.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:43 PM

Nice way of ignoring all of the factual data again.

Good to know my research was less important that the bias opinion. You know, most people do that when they go shopping. Research that is, not blind faith gods of soaring COG and roll-over crashes.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 PM

Since it obvious you can't have a mature discussion, I'm just going to walk away from this thread.

Some one needs to grow the fvck up.