Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

tranny swap?

Old 08-23-2002, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny swap?

Im guessing
NO!
but just incase... freakin red has me paranoid about blowing up my tranny... again..

Any tranny close to fitting the beta?

Since the evo engine resembles the beta... what about the tranny?

Or is the non existent differential from quaffie our only chance for a bullet proof tranny? sad.gif

Or should i do a autotragic tranny swap with some level 10 pOwA?

[ August 23, 2002, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]
Old 08-23-2002, 04:10 AM

I think that we should try to source better parts for our trannys then trying to find another one to fit. It seems that the main issue in the 5 speed is the synchros falling apart and cousing more damage. Anyone know of where or how we could find stronger/better replacements over the oem ones?
What are the other major concerns? We have an option for LSDs so what else? I read, and Random has mentioned, having the gears chryo treated to reduce metal fatique. Someone else has mentioned casting flaws in the fork. Anyone know of a place that can cast a better one based on the oem specs?
Old 08-23-2002, 04:13 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>JAWS 021:
Im guessing
NO!
but just incase... freakin red has me paranoid about blowing up my tranny... again..

Any tranny close to fitting the beta?

Since the evo engine resembles the beta... what about the tranny?

Or is the non existent differential from quaffie our only chance for a bullet proof tranny? sad.gif

Or should i do a autotragic tranny swap with some level 10 pOwA?</div>Some guys here in my country use the tibbys tranny modified of course up to around 300ponies...

Your best choice if you plan to keep your tibby is to buy the bloody Quaffie...You pay once and you have it for a lifetime....

I hate when i am in a turbo tib and when you try to engage 2nd gear it whistles like crazy sad.gif sad.gif

So buy the quaffie no matter cost if you are running crazy boost
Old 08-23-2002, 04:14 AM

I think the syncros are bad in only the new trannies... my 1st gen has 80K+,... with no problem

So i dunno...

For Quaffie... you need to find someone willing to do the eclipse swap

So $$$ on top of $$$

An Evo tranny has AWD potential
tongue.gif tongue.gif

[ August 23, 2002, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]
Old 08-23-2002, 04:35 AM

Automatics are worse then the manuals. dont even think of putting one of them in. The level10 upgrade with jsut the torque convertor wont help **** with a turbo. You need the ful valve body job. The main enemy in the auto is the heat, and a performance torque convertor wont help you there.

I would think a diff would cause more stress on the internals of the car and the axles, because its forcing the power to the wheel with the tractions.

with an open diff, which is what we have simply sends it to the spinning wheel.

[ August 23, 2002, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Shadohh ]
Old 08-23-2002, 05:37 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Shadohh:
were an opend iff, which is what we have simply send sit to the spinning wheel.</div>which makes things go snappy snappy
frown
Old 08-23-2002, 09:37 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>JAWS 021:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Shadohh:
were an opend iff, which is what we have simply send sit to the spinning wheel.</div>which makes things go snappy snappy
sad.gif </div>actually know. How can it snapp? The wheel is spinning it has not traction, so no resistence.

With a real diff, it will send the power to the wheel with traction, and traction is a resistence which will cause the snappy snappy, as you stated.

[ August 23, 2002, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Shadohh ]
Old 08-23-2002, 10:25 AM

level 10 does trannys for us..it cost around 3200.....that includes torque converter and body valve work......
Old 08-23-2002, 02:00 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>xxTIBxx:
level 10 does trannys for us..it cost around 3200.....that includes torque converter and body valve work......</div>Most ppl only talk about the Torque Convertor upgrade for about $600. And thats what he is talking about. that only.
Which will not save your tranny with boost smile.gif

They also offer a valve body job which is $3400 hundred on its own. These prices were form 6 months ago, so you might be able to get both for $3200 now.
and its rated at 300whp. atleast it was smile.gif
Old 08-26-2002, 01:22 PM

then minus selling the manual ecu and tranny
1000?
thats not that bad

beats trying to adapt the evo tranny

then again... you dont have AWD potential frown