Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

S2000 Engine Swap in an 01 Tib

Old 05-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

if you look in my sub-forum you can see that theres alot of info in there and i have alot of options on my site. just an option and to get ideas if nothing else.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

So many have thoughts and dreams about swapping a different mfr engine into a Tiburon its crazy...and SO many people fail before they even start. A S2K Engine and Tranny in a Tib? Really? Come on be at least realistic. You'll use up your 10k budget just getting the engine and tranny in and running. You haven't even accounted for a complete swap of a S2K rear end and the modification for that to work. That will probably be close to another 10grand.
So after that you have what? A stock S2K motor in your Tiburon. So now you have an underpowered and over weight car with a horrible front to rear weight balance. I guess that may work for a dedicated Drag car, but nothing else. Even then it will be slower than a regular S2K unless you boost it which would be close to another 5 grand or so...see my point?