Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

is this a massive mistake or?

Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

Well I do understand the issue with Mazda's 6-speed connecting with the beta, the starter would need to be on the other side of the engine anyway, so even more work. What I was actually thinking about is the Thetas. They have the same flow direction as mazda's 2.3. That would make it slightly less difficult. Mind you I'm only speculating at this point, but it DOES seem a little more feasible that they could be modded up. Also, internet research seems to indicate that both have a 1", 23-spline shaft... Now for the bellhousings... I pulled some comparison pictures and they have some similar mounting locations, but it doesn't look like it would really bolt up. Makes sense, this new Theta I hear was designed by Hyundai along with the trans. Also it's probably better to source your Turbo Hyundai motor from the Sonatas, or if they ever make an AWD Veloster, all components from there.