Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Jsharptooth91's Beta 2 swap

Old 09-17-2008, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L
Talking

Shoud get headers on Thursdays.. YEA.....

Oh wait, thats tomorrow....
Old 09-17-2008, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: 2003 elantra, Soon to be beta swapped 01 lc hatch

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jsharptooth91 @ Sep 9 2008, 12:46 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Dont get the adapter. Another member for HP cannot get the dam thing to work correctly. I am going to do what Japkos did, which was solder a chip from the 2.0 onto the 1.6 and be dont with it. I'm okay with electronics so that would work for me. hopeful I get my header with in the next month. I might need a welding job 187....

The only wiring you need to change is MAF to MAP. Then extend a couple of wires and that it. Perty simple..I will hope to do a good write up on it. If you have any question fill free to post up..

slyderdai where at in the world do you live?</div>

Thanks for the diagram. I live in the Absolute middle of Pa, Everyone hates on my Xd and now they are gonna have to hate on the beta swapped accent.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(capn tibs @ Sep 16 2008, 01:28 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>i meant I hope the OBX headers don't run into the slave cylinder like the KFX headers. What radiator do you have? I have seen some people put 95 Honda Civic Aluminum Rad's on beta's and they claim they work great.</div>
I have the OBX header you ordered on my xd right now. The only thing I had clearance issues with was with the fan (the header melted some of the frame of the fan thing) I 'll take some pics of it for ya if you want but it shouldn't be an issue with the little ass radiator and fan from the LC.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:43 PM

I will update this thread when I get it done here in the next week or so.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:30 PM

I got my OBX headers for my swap. They fit great, no issues with hitting anything. I still need to have my exhaust welded. My hi-flow cat should be here on Thursday; hopefully I can get it welded this weekend.
I did drive it about for a bit. I had to of pissed off some people, due to the open header. It sound nice, anything over 3k RPM's rattled the bones.

I do not have power steering or AC installed. I should be getting my CAI intake today.
I'm not 100% sure if I’ve done the wiring correct; it runs great so something must be right. I have to wait until I have both O2 sensor hooked up to see if the CEL stays on.

I will shoot some pix later.

It just feels great to drive my car again.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I'm glad to see it's coming along so well man! I bet that thing feels like a beast and sounds like one!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

If it's running well I am guessing you're at least damn near correct on the wiring. The offer still stands to weld up anything you need as long as it's not stainless steel since my welder can't handle stainless.

I would love to hear it open header to compare what it sounds like to the 1.6l on an open header. lol. I had a love/hate situation with how mine sounded open header. It was loud though, that much was for sure. lol. It was fun to try to get people to race on the highway. Nobody wanted to. They were all intimidated I think wondering what kind of all out race engine I had. lol. I did get a Focus to race me and I beat him but everyone was laughing in both cars. It was stupid loud.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:56 PM

It sounds like your at a race track. They are soooo loud.
The cat is stainless, I have a buddie that maybe able to hook me up with some welds. I just need to find some flanges..
Old 09-22-2008, 05:07 PM

LOL I am glad you got it running and driving it around a bit! I drove my Elantra for a week with just the header on. It was ridiculously loud! I Can't wait to drive this accent for the first time. I think i'm gonna scare the SH*T outta my Honda buddies.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 PM

Here are some finished pix... Got my intake today. I put filter in the fog light hole.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 PM

That is Awesome!!!!!! Now tell me how it was done So I don't muff mine up wink.gif