Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Excel

Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

very awesome man.. honestly..

how much did the head work cost and what all did you get done, just curious.

glad you are updating along the way too, instead of someone who just comes on at the end and are like 'look what i did' with no background/build.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 AM

Vehicle: 1994 Hyundai Excel Coupe

Originally Posted by turbosocks
very awesome man.. honestly..

how much did the head work cost and what all did you get done, just curious.

glad you are updating along the way too, instead of someone who just comes on at the end and are like 'look what i did' with no background/build.

The head had minor port (stage one?) work from the previous owner, (I didn't use my origional head) so I simply had it hot tanked and resurfaced. Everything cost my about $100 at the local machine shop.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Just found this..I'm definately a fan!! ..You'll definately be snuffing out some civics lol, specially with a bigger snail in the future!!....I predict a 11 sec excell here someday.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:38 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Accent

Thats pretty sick....Ive never even seen an older hyundai like that....What color are you gonna paint it?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Regit
Just found this..I'm definately a fan!! ..You'll definately be snuffing out some civics lol, specially with a bigger snail in the future!!....I predict a 11 sec excell here someday.

Yeah I've been playing around with some 1/4 mile calculators (I know it's not accurate) and all I really need is a little over 340HP to break tens, but being a 2100LB car tractions is definetly going to be my enemy. Once I get this sucker running I'm going to be on the look out for a spare tranny to build up w/ LSD and the works. Can't wait to get my 1/4 mile times at the Epping Dragway in NH (bout 2hrs from my crib). That being said I CANNOT WAIT till a civic pulls up to me so I can rip his vtec a new butthole...
Old 01-12-2011, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by RabidPriest
Thats pretty sick....Ive never even seen an older hyundai like that....What color are you gonna paint it?

I haven't really decided :/ honestly have know idea or even know what rims I'm gettin....but I'll have to decide soon, taxes are coming!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:00 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

Seems fun. when you did the whole shifter thing swaping it over and such, you mentioned just welding nuts to the car to mount it. =D thats what i did when swaping my car to a manual.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by iheartmyrd
Seems fun. when you did the whole shifter thing swaping it over and such, you mentioned just welding nuts to the car to mount it. =D thats what i did when swaping my car to a manual.

That was my 1st thought, until I noticed how similer the shifter brackets were between the Hyundai and the DSM. With minimul grindin everything was pretty bolt on. I'm trying to avoid welding as much as I can, would rather mixmatch as many parts as I can for the best "DROP IN" process I could do. I'm a horrible welder lol. What car did you convert to manual?
Old 01-18-2011, 04:01 PM

Can't wait till all my honda buddies pop my hood :biggrin: spark plug cover:

Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

loving the build, and the spark plug cover lol keep it up.