Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Excel

Old 11-28-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1994 Hyundai Excel Coupe
Default Excel

Special thanks to Tom (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/236193...-hyundai-excel) for all the help and useful info!! You da man!!

Parts needed for the swap:

-4G63 engine and tranny (duh!) with the matching wire harness and ECU

-The crossmember from the 92-95 elantra (Auto or M/T will both work)

-The front and rear engine mount brackets from the 92-95 elantra (you'll also be using the 92-95 elantra front and rear mounts)

-The driver side "L" shaped motor mount from the 92-95 Elantra (you'll also be using the 92-95 elantra driver side engine mount)

-The 4G63 tranny mount metal bracket in combination with the hyundai rubber mount

-Upgraded fuel pump

-Patience and love for your little Hyundai!

I'll post up a video/tutorial up soon! For any questions my email is: epinero12@aol.com

Here are some pics of me 94 Excel. Got it with a destroyed head, rebuilt engine and runs like new. Currently building up a 6-bolt 4G63 swap. I'll upload more pics as I go...

Body kit was custom made for anyone that wanted to know. (Sux cuz they don't make kits for this car)

4G63 doner car pix:

Need to use the harness and ecu from the dsm:

4G63 block:

Some random pix of me removing the 1.5L:

Need to grab the crossmember and mounts off the 92-95 Elantra:

Old 11-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Wow, congrats on the swap. ECU and all? That's some dedication.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that is so sick!! being here for a about 7 years, this has got to be one of the biggest commitments i have seen on the forums. way to go!!

my family used to have an Excel just like that. i never knew they made kits for it. it really looks great.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by epinero
Body kit was custom made for anyone that wanted to know. (Sux cuz they don't make kits for this car)
it's a custom made kit, HKC
Old 11-29-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
that is so sick!! being here for a about 7 years, this has got to be one of the biggest commitments i have seen on the forums. way to go!!

my family used to have an Excel just like that. i never knew they made kits for it. it really looks great.

Thanks, these cars are so hard to find now... sold my supercharged civic for the sake of this build. Seen these swaps done before and finally gathered enough info to start the build. I cant beleive how much of a "bolt on" process it is. Biggest motivation is blasting some cocky civic drivers with my hyundai
Old 11-29-2010, 04:39 PM

Upgrading internals to make it a little more bullet proof for boostin...

Wiseco 8:3:1 CR pistons std bore:

Manley H-Beams w/ ARP rod bolts:
Old 11-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Administrator

^ sexy ^
Old 11-29-2010, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

nice! haven't seen a 4g63 exel in a looong time.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

it's a custom made kit, HKC

Thanks for clarifying that. It is beautiful. It really goes with the flow of the car.

Thanks, these cars are so hard to find now... sold my supercharged civic for the sake of this build. Seen these swaps done before and finally gathered enough info to start the build. I cant beleive how much of a "bolt on" process it is. Biggest motivation is blasting some cocky civic drivers with my hyundai

They truly are. I LOVE the 90's Hyundai's. The 1990-1999 years are really iconic. That's why I was SO thrilled to see the red Elantra, and the surprise it has inside. It's great to hear these kinds of updates and I'm enjoying every minute of this. You will own hellstorm of cars, not only civics! Not only that, you will sound nice doing it.

Let's not forget, the Civic (although it looks okay) was designed by some random Japanese dude, while the Excel not only looks badass, it was designed by the legendary Giugiaro. That's what puts it above most cars for me.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
Thanks for clarifying that. It is beautiful. It really goes with the flow of the car.

They truly are. I LOVE the 90's Hyundai's. The 1990-1999 years are really iconic. That's why I was SO thrilled to see the red Elantra, and the surprise it has inside. It's great to hear these kinds of updates and I'm enjoying every minute of this. You will own hellstorm of cars, not only civics! Not only that, you will sound nice doing it.

Let's not forget, the Civic (although it looks okay) was designed by some random Japanese dude, while the Excel not only looks badass, it was designed by the legendary Giugiaro. That's what puts it above most cars for me.

It took me forever to find that 92-95 elantra. I had to make a 2 hour drive from where I live to get to the junkyard that had it! But I needed the engine mount brackets in order for the DSM motor to bolt in my excel like oem. The elantra pretty much had a 1.8 NT version of the 4G63, they go by the 4G67. Dropping a 4G63 in a 92-95 elantra's simply a drop and go proccess. Would love to find a decent one on the road for sale to do this swap... sigh

One of my reasons for even posting the progress of my build is the fact that I had so much trouble gathering info. Hope I can provide all the info I need for anyone else doing the swap. I would love to see more early 90's hyundais reppin.